Chapter 4: Surprise...

Everything had been eating out at 3, sure he hadn’t been in Inkopolis Square for that long, but it was hard for him not to think of what had happened. How did Agent 8 not bring up that fact he almost killed her? How was everyone so forgiving? Was this all so new to him because of his parents? Even when someone made a small mistake, it would be hard for them to forgive the Inkling or Jelly that did it. Agent 3 sighed, he was just going to stress himself thinking like this. He thought it to be a good idea to head off to bed. 

“8, I’m going to bed. See you in the morning,” 3 waved off to 8 as he went down the hall to his room. 

~~~~~~~~

3 turned to the left in his beg, reaching for his phone on the end table. The phone’s screen blazing in his face. His blue eyes adjusted to the bright light of his phone within a matter of seconds. 3 looked at his lock screen, the time read 9:30. 3 was surprised he only slept for 30 minutes. He found his ear buds next to where his phone was previously, he picked them up and put them in his ears. The Turf Wars would be closing at 10 since it was a Friday, and Squids and Octos who were in school wouldn’t have to worry about going home early because of school. Not that school is important to the Inkling and Octoling society, at least for Inklings it was 5th after the current(See what I did there? No okay, I’ll go back to writing :’3) trends, what was fresh and not, fashion, and all of the battles they had at Deca Tower. But 3 didn’t see the point in going to do some Turf Wars because he didn’t even have his gear that he used to use, and all of the weapons he had, because of their specials, are illegal now.  

3 pulled on a jacket, and decided to go for a walk. He tiptoed out of the apartment, careful not to wake up 8. 

~~~~~~~~

“Y-You can’t be serious!” Agent 4 cheered. “This is THE Captain Cuttlefish?!” 

“The one and only! He also happens to be our gramps too!” Callie joining in with Agent 4’s cheerfulness. While Marie stayed quiet reading some reports she had gotten from Callie a couple hours prior, only now having time to read them. 

After a couple minutes of Callie and 4 talking, Marie spoke up. 

“That’s not the only reason we brought you here, however, this isn’t looking good,” Marie sighed. 

Agent 4’s and Callie’s cheerful faces drained to ones of fear. Callie knew what Marie was talking about, having already read the reports instead of eating a Seanwich for once. 

“I believe you were friends, but the previous agent, Agent 3, was supposedly with Gramps and Agents 5, 6 and 8. Agent 3 comes from a very wealthy family, one of the wealthiest out there. There are rumors they might be involved in scandals with other parties to wipe out the remaining Octolings under Octavo’s control. Selling illegally modded weapons to said parties. At this moment we don’t have enough information about this to make it a full on investigation. I want you to track down Agent 3 and question him about this. He doesn’t seem to be the type of person to be on his parents' side, in fact he seems to resent them, but we have to take procautions. Callie and I will be looking into our contacts to see if we can get any further info,” Marie finished explaining. 

After almost 2 years, and 4 could see 3 again. But could 4 really think that 3 would be working with his parents. He certainly didn’t seem like the person to do that. 4 felt guilty for even thinking that he might be working for his parents. But even if he is, 4 knows she can’t let her personal feelings get in the way. Whatever’s going on, she justs hopes that this won’t turn into another thievery of the Great Zapfish. Welp, scratch that, she hopes that everything in the end will be okay. 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. I’ve finally got some ideas for the plot in the future! I’ll try not to make it too long before we get there, but mewhehe. I might end up changing the title of this fanfic and make a better cover. Also to just make it clear, just in case I have to say this later, I’m going to say it now. Agent 3’s parents are not trying to make wealthy/rich families look bad. A lot of wealthy families are actually very helpful and kind. His parents are set up the way they are for things later down in the plot. 

Update question(3 because I can): I’ve seen this in some comics after Octo Expansion with 3 having a scar where the sanitized ink was. Should he have one in this or not?

Which out of the playable agents do you prefer(3. 4. 8)?  I honestly like all of them, despite me not playing Splatoon 1. Thus not being able to play 3 :’). I never got to have a Wii U(even if it succed, I’ll never be able to play Twilight Princess HD, and Wind Waker HD ;-;) 

In this Pearl and Marina are going to be Agents 5 and 6. Should I make one of my Splatoon Ocs Agent 7, or Agent 7 be non-existent lol? 

Stay fresh, and may Hylia watch over you~!