CHAPTER 2

Harry asked for a parchment and quill and started making a list of things he needed to do. It was one heck of a long list and he needed to achieve this by the end of this year and some before the first task if he wanted to survive after. His list included,

Basic books for all subjects

Studies- revise all three years books for all subjects

COMC, Arthimacy, Runes, Warding, Duelling and other interesting subjects.

Animagus training

Contact Sirius?

All subjects from fourth year study and prepare for OWLS and NEWTS

Visit Gringotts – ask about his vaults.

Heir and Lord Duties and learn about Govt, Etiquette

Clothes shopping – M/W

Healer

Trunk, books, stationary shopping

Get someone to help- possibly Dobby

He was thinking about what else he could do when Dobby popped in with food.

"Master Harry didn't eat lunch. Master should eat dinner." Dobby said firmly. Harry nodded his head, "Okay, Dobby, I will." As Dobby was about to pop out Harry stopped him.

"Dobby, can you answer a few more questions?"

"I will, sir, but you should eat as I do."

"Alright Dobby. Tell me how can I contact someone who is not supposed not receive letters?" He asked.

"Fire call, master Harry."

"I am taking about Sirius, Dobby. He is innocent and is in hiding. I want to keep in touch and need a way to talk to him." He explained. Dobby stood thinking and Harry took a bite of the steak that Dobby brought him.

"You can send an elf to deliver your letters, sir or there are two way communication mirrors, they are expensive but you can afford them Master Harry."

"Why do you keep calling me Master?" Harry asked as he swallowed.

"Because you freed me, sir, and Dobby is really grateful." Dobby answered. "And Dobby is wanting to be your elf, sir." Dobby added. Harry sat thinking for a while.

"Do you really?" He asked and Dobby nodded his head rigorously."Okay, then. Tell me how to bind you to me." Dobby took his hand and placed it on his head.

"Repeat after me Master. I, Harry James Potter, bond, Dobby the house elf to myself."

Harry repeated and Dobby accepted the bond.

"Okay, Dobby, I have a few rules. No punishing yourself. No hitting yourself. You need to get a uniform I don't like seeing you in rags. And keep working at Hogwarts, we don't want anyone to know that you are my elf yet or they will not allow you to visit me." Dobby nodded. Harry was not stupid, he always thought through things when he was doing something important. He knew that if Hermione or the Headmaster knew he bonded with Dobby he would either get a lecture even though they are not friends or a disappointed look from the Headmaster who has no business interfering in his life.

"Now the communication mirrors, can you buy them for me by morning Dobby?" He asked. "Can you visit Gringotts and withdraw money from my vault without a key? My key is with Mrs. Weasley." He asked.

"Yes, sir Dobby can do that. Dobby has to prove that he is your elf and I can do that." He said.

"Good. Make a withdrawal and ask the goblins not to tell anyone. I need you to go shopping for me. It will possibly be a long list and I will have to send you many times. So, withdraw a large amount. Buy me those mirrors and convert a few galleons into muggle money and buy me a few pens and necessary stationary. Buy me some 20 to 30 books that are never ending. Come here as soon as you are done."