CHAPTER 15

I am glad to finally post the next Chapter!!

Enjoy!

*****

"Pup, concentrate, this is our last practice before the ball and you don't want to embarrass yourself in front of everyone, especially Luna." Sirius reprimanded him.

"Did you get what I asked for from the vault?" Harry asked him as they both continued dancing. It was easy once you got the hang of it.

"Yes, I did. And I hope you do this right and make it clear to him what you want from this and what you are apologizing for as well." Harry asked Sirius to get a bracelet from the Black family Vault as an apology to Malfoy Heir. He decided that something of value and familial importance is enough to apologize for his ignorance. It was technically not even his mistake as he was not taught.

The bracelet itself was made of white gold and had an onyx as a center piece on it. It was beautiful.

"Now, that's done and we have a little more time before you have to go, tell me how it is going with Luna." Sirius asked as they sat down breathing heavily. Harry took a sip of water just as Sirius asked the question. "Do I have to give you the birds and bees talk?" He spit it out, as blood rushed to his cheeks.

"Padfoot!" Harry exclaimed once he could speak again. "No, you don't have to. We are going slow. I really like spending time with her." he admitted. Sirius gave him a knowing look and a small smile.

"What gift are you giving her for Christmas then?" He asked.

"I don't actually know. I thought, maybe, I could find something that Luna would like in Hogsmeade before I went back to the castle?"

"Harry, let me give you some valuable advice, never wait until the last minute to buy your girl friend a gift. It takes a lot of thought and work to find that one they will like." Sirius said. "You like Luna, right?" Harry nodded his head. "Then you have to give her something memorable."

"I have something in mind, but I couldn't sneak out without her knowing to buy it." 

"Good, I think you should go and find that gift now or the shops will be closed soon."

"Padfoot, before you go, here." Harry said and returned the books Sirius gave him. "Give them back to Moony for me? I copied all the books. I am sure he wants his books back." He gave his godfather a hug and a kiss and ran out of the house.

Sirius gave a soft laugh at his godson's antics and apparated to Remus' house.

---

As agreed upon by Severus and Harry, they met every Thursday and Saturday for lessons. And today was another lesson on how to improve the polyjuice potion to work for two to three hours instead of the standard one.

Their lessons in the beginning were... uncomfortable and strictly professional. And add to the fact that Harry was keeping Sirius and Severus' lessons secret from each other, he had a hard time finding excuses to tell Sirius for leaving early and to Severus if he was late sneaking into the castle.

And the one time he was late to Severus' lesson, Harry decided never to be late or to anger the man ever again. Even though it was Severus who offered to teach Harry, they still had some explosive fights the first few lessons. But as they kept going, Severus saw Harry as more of his own person with more Lily in him than James Potter.

"Concentrate Harry. You are distracted and it will destroy the potion we are working on." Severus said as he saw that Harry was about to put the beetle eggs early. Harry looked startled and sheepish. As Severus relaxed, the lessons became enjoyable, hard and even sometimes punishing.

"I am so sorry Severus." He said and concentrated on the potion.

Severus set some ground rules that they both followed after the initial fights. Their sessions were pretty intense to put it lightly. As Harry brewed the potion, Severus would ask him questions about the potion, ingredients, the hazards, the precautions to be taken and simply try to distract him.

"Sev?" Harry called him as the man gave him a break from the assault of questions.

"What is it brat?"

"Will you teach me Occlumency?" Harry asked in a small voice. Severus paused in what he was doing and looked at Harry as if he lost his mind.

"Do you know what you are asking for? And where did you learn about Occlumency?" He finally asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I can't tell you that. But I know what Occlumency means. It is protecting the mind from outside intrusion. It helps protect against legilimency which reads the surface thoughts or memories of a person." Harry replied as he still concentrates on his brewing. He didn't want to look at Severus as he answered.

"I want to protect myself, Sev." He added finally as he stopped what he was doing. The potion has to simmer for fifteen minutes before the next step, so he can relax a little.

"Harry... You need to trust the person who is teaching you Occlumency. If I teach you, it means I may accidentally see some of your memories."

"I know. I considered everything before I asked you. Remus is a natural Occlumens. He doesn't know how to teach. Siri... Sirius knows Occlumency but he can't do legilimency. You told me you are proficient in mind arts. So I thought you would be able to teach me. I trust you. You can also swear an oath not to reveal anything in my head to anyone."

They were silent for a long while and Harry continued working on his porio  until it was time for them to part.

"I will give you an answer soon." Severus said as his student walked out of his classroom. Harry nodded his head and turned back to walk back to his room.

****
Review, Share and Like!!! ❤