chapter 2

Finally I was able to talk to you, like in all the clique novels I had read, it had to among the one where main characters are assigned a science project which they have to do together. but, as it was real life we were in a group of four.

Rarely we even got time to talk, our group leader Sam took the initiative and he did all the talking. The other girl and you would always talk in whispers, sometimes I would get caught looking at you. I would immediately see the other way praying in my heart that you would not get any hint of my deep-seated feelings about you.

Our project was simple, working on the solar system. How earth revolves around the sun, what is the force that keeps it like that. How near yet far the sun is from the earth. How our perception is not always true, with facts and figure everything changes. What we think is in our reach is something unreachable. That's what I love about science, it's exact. No matter how much we argue it never changes, it's rigidity makes it stable, it was my comfort.

Look at me now, how I have become lost in thoughts of possibility. Everything I had built is crumbling slowly with your Evey light-hearted laugh, that light spark in your eyes when you about tell some joke.

I realized you are becoming my sun, and the worse part is, I don't know if I am the planets or comet, slowly burning myself as I come closer to you, leaving behind nothing but hope.

Then the time finally came when we had to put together the model and decide who would present and who would write the report.

I was assembling the planet Saturn with its huge ring when you came

"Hey, I was thinking how about you do the write-up, Sam said you were good with words"

When exactly at the same time someone stumbled into me. While trying to keep the balance I fell onto the model which took us a week to complete.

"Oh shit! Wait don't move" Sam was yelling at the same time running towards me.

Everyone was looking at me while I ruining the project with every moment which I made to stand up.

" Give me your hand, with the count of three I will pull you then we have higher chances of saving our model, " Sam told me to which I agreed.

"Okay 1..2..and ...3" I stood there while everyone was looking at me, some were even trying to suppress there laughs at my clumsiness.

"Sam I am so sorry I don't know who it all happened"

My voice was at the edge of breaking.
Humiliation was slowly consuming me clouding my vision and blocking my voice.

Then without knowing how it happened, I started to cry. Susan from our group was the one who consoled me while Sam tried to defuse the students gathered.

But you were trying to fix the model.

"Hey! Look everyone our model is brand new" you said while I tried to stop me tears mixed with from rolling from me.

"Emily it's just a model why are so bothered with it," Susan said to which everyone agreed.

"Come on guys we can do this," you said when all of a sudden I was consumed by hugs from both.

" I can't breathe " I was laughing at there childishness.

After which we were inseparable, our presentation went more than we had ever expected.

You and Sam presented trying to cover up the mess I made while making humorous points. While Susan wrote the review while I wrote the workings of the model.

I think that was the day I knew how beautiful this world was and how lucky I was to have met the most amazing people and to call them my friends? It had its own privilege.

After the presentation, we had an hour break.

"We will celebrate with some cake who is with me!" Susan said while we all agreed.

"We can go to my aunt's cafe" I said readying myself to hear there disapproval. Instead I was met with excited faces.

"That would be like cherry on top" Sam said

"I want a choco lava cake" you replied.

"What do you say, Emily"

"Yes I would love some chocolate," I said smiling.