Scotland + Reader

Clunk.

You dropped your book and nearly fell out of bed at the sound. That had been your front door! Was someone in your house?! Were you being burglarized?!

You scrambled out of bed, grabbing up your book as the nearest weapon. (Great choice, right?) You cautiously approached the door to your bedroom and listened intently. Someone - someone wearing boots - was walking up the hall right toward you! Your mind quickly assumed the worst, and you panicked . . . or possibly went temporarily insane. Just as the person reached the other side of the door, you wrenched it open and tackled them with a half-frenzied, half-scared out of your wits screech, raising your book to beat their brains out with if they tried anything.

Thankfully, you managed to freeze at the sound of a familiar yell:

"Ach! What the - get off me, lass!"

"Scotland?" you said slowly, only just managing to avoid dropping the book on his face out of surprise.

Sure enough, the person you were presently squashing was indeed your best friend and secret crush, Scotland. Well, perhaps a bit angrier than Scotland usually was, but still Scotland.

"I'm sorry!" you exclaimed, turning redder than his hair. "I-I thought you were a burglar!"

"Aye, fair enough, I should have called," he grumbled, scowling up at you. "But ye just about scared the livin' daylights out of me, lass."

"Sorry," you said again. "Really. But why are you here? I thought you went to the pub with England."

"Aye, but he got drunk about two shots in." Scotland snorted to himself. "The lad cannae hold his scotch."

You smiled, but persisted, "Why are you here, though? You didn't stash England on my couch, did you?"

"As fun as it would be ta let him wonder how he got there, no," Scotland said, smirking at the notion. "I dropped him at his place, then came here ta see ye."

You narrowed your eyes at him, half-raising the book again. "You're stalling."

"Would ya like ta go out with me?" he asked, taking your book away as a precautionary measure.

"Out? Scotland, you were literally just at the pub."

He gave you a Really, (Y/N)? look, and suddenly, it clicked. He wasn't asking you to go out, he was asking you out.

You grinned so widely it almost hurt, but you didn't care. "I like you too," you said, leaning down toward him.

He smirked and readily received your kiss.