What I'm Working On

🚨*** I will keep updating this page as I work, so it will always be here - and easy to find. *** 

So, what am I currently working on?

I have a website and newsletter!  www.CrystalScherer.com

I'm currently writing a new story offline, Between The Crystals. It takes place several centuries after an alien invasion where humans have mostly been wiped out, and some hidden survivors have a special magic that allows them to teleport between crystal formations. (Summary linked in comments) (The teleportation gives it an interesting Matrix aspect, and the plot had Heartfire vibes, and like all my books, the main character WILL survive and have a happy ending).

Joined Wattpad's Open Novella Contest and started posting the novella, In the Shadow of the Starships, on Feb 27th! Updates are Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8am!

Thinking about a spinoff of Heartfire where an epipen with Heartfire virus floats down the river and is used by an unsuspecting man.

I'm working on the old family cookbook (it's been a labor of love for 3+ years. Lol.) And it'll likely be published on Amazon in April! 

~

I have published the polished versions of some books available on Amazon (the rough drafts will remain on Wattpad for you to enjoy!)

-Looking To Belong (print, ebook, and audio) www.amazon.com/dp/1999011724

-Upon Wings of Change (print, ebook, and audio) www.amazon.com/dp/1999011708 

-A New Beginning (two versions!)
   - Passing The Torch (a polished Wattpad version) www.amazon.com/dp/B0CS3ZTXMN
   - Tessa's Story (a revision with just Tessa's POV) print and ebook. (audio coming soon!) www.amazon.com/dp/B0CRZ9SF6W

If you haven't filled out my survey about Which books do you want to see in print/audio/ebook, I'd love your feedback! (Just a google form - it doesn't collect any of your information, just your responses). https://forms.gle/Qq7AERLfATs6MnXD9 (Linked in comments)

What type of books do you want to see more of? https://forms.gle/mdX4ZBnyWyadaRUz7

*   *   *   *   *

Here are some story/plot ideas that I've been thinking of writing:
(the order of this may change on a whim or with a burst of inspiration)

- A Kymari World Story - horses or unicorns

- A Kymari World story - weasels

- Spin-off of the Starship world where the Deviant group tries to tamper with some software before upgrading it - causing the newly-aware AI to go rogue and detest humans

- Werewolf book where the MC can't shift, but can climb trees like a squirrel. (Got turned into a LTB bonus chapter for now)

- Short Oneshot - A Different Virus and The Virus Within meet. (Very unlikely...)

- A spinoff of A Different Virus where an EpiPen goes for a long ride down a river.

- Writing Daniel's/Nina's POV (very unlikely since it'd take me at least 2-3 years)

- Get a few more books available in print while leaving the rough draft on Wattpad: A Starship Called Starsong, A New Beginning, and When The Heart Sings will be the easier ones since their word count is low enough to fit in one paperback novel.

With my luck, my inspiration will probably latch onto something not even in this list... lol.

All of this will probably keep me busy for several years. :)

If you have suggestions or ideas, feel free to post them here!

Regardless of what I'm working on, I'm usually working on something. Be it editing, writing, etc. With occasional short breaks to read a book.  :)

Did you find a typo or major grammar error in my stories?

Feel free to tag me (@CrystalScherer) or type #edit or #typo into the comment (just so I can find it more easily). I have set up my email notifications to flag such tags. (Please ignore Laura's Story and When The Heart Sings - those two need a fairly large overhaul on my part...)  :)

I don't post or log in often, but I am on social media:

TikTok: tiktok.com/@wattpad.crystalscherer

If you don't mind unrelated chatter, collaboration events, and outreach activities with other authors, I'm also on twitter - twitter.com/Author_Scherer

Facebook: www.facebook.com/CrystalScherer.Writer

I even have a discord channel for my followers, if that sort of thing interests you. https://discord.gg/GhPzVetSYK

Happy reading! And thanks for swinging by!