Q&A about the Author

Do you have any questions about the Author herself? (Aka me)

How did you find Wattpad?

I found this site while looking for ebooks for my kobo. Let's just say that the device has been collecting a lot of dust ever since. ;)

Why did you start writing?

Since I'm on a PC, the create button was always on the top bar and taunting me. I hadn't written anything since graduating college, so I decided on a whim to write a short 30 chapter story about zombies just to say that I did it.

Well, long story short, a new addiction was born and that 'short story' exploded into a 495,000+ word book (that's bigger than the Lord of The Rings trilogy!). From there, I just kept writing and honing my writing abilities.   :)

How do you update your stories so fast?

My life can get pretty hectic, so I only start posting once I have most or all of the book completed. I also write it beforehand mostly to ensure that my idea isn't just 'lightning inspiration' that will disappear halfway through and leave me sitting there with a Mount-Everest-sized writer's block.   :)

I have a dozen plot ideas and a few partially written books that are saved on my computer as they await the return of my inspiration (or a long stretch of dedicated time and attention).

Over the years, my posting pace has decreased, mostly because I can't write as fast as I like to post. With my first book, I uploaded several chapters a day - what had taken me 7 months to write took me less than a month to completely post. 

From there, my posting rate dropped to once a day, then to once a weekday. 

And I know my updates will have to drop to three times a week in the near future. Why? Because it means that I will be actively posting a story for a greater percentage of the year, and that leads to several benefits for an author.

Sorry, but I don't plan on posting the entire book all at once just because it's completed. I tried that twice, and most of my readers didn't even notice me posting the book. It took over a month for those books to get over a hundred reads.

On the bright side, my chapters are usually about 2,000 words. And you know the story will be completed and not just stop halfway like the majority of stories on Wattpad. My posting pace is still very fast compared to most authors - and keep in mind that even the smaller stories took me 4-5 months to write while dedicating most or all of my free time to the story.   ;)

Do you really allow fanfictions?

Yes, I allow fanfictions or spin-offs as long as proper credit is given (Full title of my story and my username) in the summary and/or chapter 1. (It is also wise to categorize such stories as fanfics)

If you want, when you post it, let me know via the inbox and I can add it to my reading list dedicated to such spinoffs.

Please remember that due to copyright/plagiarism rules, there is a difference between merely creating original characters in my worlds versus using my characters, plot, and world. These stories should also be classified in the fanfiction genre.

Do you help edit stories?

Unfortunately, I simply don't have the time to help many people. Because of that, I posted a basic guide - Tips for Writing on Wattpad to address the most common errors I see. It also has tips on where to find additional help.