Part 6 - "This is my story."

It feels like it has been hours - hours that I have been wrapped up around Kayden still crying

It feels like it has been hours - hours that I have been wrapped up around Kayden still crying. His legs are probably numb with my whole body weight on sprawled out on them, "Rose." He calls out to me. His voice – Dominic's voice.

Dominic leans in front of me but I keep my eyes shut, not wanting to see him, "Rose, please look at me." I shake my head, fear drilling itself in my bones. I feel Kayden slowly move away from me but I quickly grip onto his arm, "Do not leave me alone." I beg him but he stands up, ignoring me. I quickly lean forward, ready to grab onto his leg but he rushes out of the room - not looking back.

"Come here." His strong arms, wrap around my waist. He pulls me into him but I stay there - emotionless. I feel numb. "I am so sorry." I feel his hot breath on my face when he pulls away, he grabs onto my face as he forces me to look at him, "I am really sorry, Rose." Every time when my name flows out from his mouth, I get trills, shockwaves running through my body, "I want to go back to my room." Gathering all the courage I still have, I stand up while not making eye contact with anyone, "I will take you-" He steps forward ready to grab my arm but I pull away, "No." I grit my teeth, focusing on the floor beneath me, "Okay... Elena please escort Rose to her bedroom."

Without a second thought, I push myself out of the room and soon Elena appears next to me, "Follow me." We both slowly descend the staircase while I watch each step carefully not wanting the tears to blur up my vision, "Elena I-" She immediately stops, making me jerk forward when we reach the second floor, "I rather you not speak to me. Trust me, it would be better."

"We are here. You should get some rest because you have to be present for dinner later. The mafia still has to meet you."

Is she really the woman that waited for my arrival? She spins on her heels and walks down the hallway.

I push the door open and step inside and shutting it behind me, I wonder, would it have been better if I died last night? Then, I would not have to suffer knowing I have being living a lie. Settling onto the comfortable bed, I lie down and hope to get all the bad memories out of my head, slowly closing my eyes I imagine all my good memories with my parents. The same parents who have took care of a child who will never be their blood.

You may think, I am over exaggerating and been too dramatic but imagine if your parents died the night before your birthday. Imagine that later on, you find out they were never your biological parents but rather your real parents belonged to a mafia. Imagine, you have a man after you because you the last heir who is going to inherent trillions of dollars and properties – just imagine.

{[]}

"Rose, wake up." What is wrong with this person? "Leave me alone." I hit the person's hand over and I toss over to the other side on my bed - trying to sleep. "You asked for it." Frowning, I open my eyes, "Asked for what?"

A war cry sounds; I roll over immediately as Kayden runs with full speed towards me, ready to tackle me. I shout, trying to get out of bed but the covers are tangled up around my feet. Well, I guess I just have to take it. Sighing, I lay flat on the bed, waiting for this huge elephant to land on me.

BAM!

It came sooner than I thought, his whole body crushes me to my death, knocking the air out of me, "You asked for it." My eyes are wide open, staring at the insane mental person on top of me who is smirking as if he did not just try to kill me, "Get off." I whisper, trying to keep calm.

He continues to smirk down at me, not bothered to get his fat ass of me.

Okay! He asked for it now! I grab the object that is the nearest to my hand and slam it on his head. "What the fuck!" He immediately rolls of me. I look down at my hand, which holds an alarm clock... Well, I did not want it to be this serious, "I warned you." Shrugging, I untangle myself from the soft white covers and stand up.

"Rose! You hit me with a damn alarm clock! Are you crazy?" He rubs the back of his head, glaring at me but I raise my hand in surrender, "As I said, I warned you Kaykay." I spin on my heels smiling in victory.

All of a sudden, I am kissing the ground. I mean, what is wrong with been intimate with the floor at times? "I got you!" I groan, turning around and glaring at Kayden. "You bring out the pillow trick on me, really?" He extends his hand out, helping me up. "Anyways, it is supper time and you need to get your smelly ass downstairs." Well, is he not acting rude today?

We both step out of the room but I suddenly come to a standstill when a question passes through my mind, "Kayden, what are you doing here?"

Kayden faces his back to me, not uttering a word. "I am asking you a question, Kayden. I want an answer." I speak with no emotions. Why is he so scared to face me?

"I do not want to speak about that right now, Rose." I shake my head, knowing that he is clearly hiding something, "I want to speak about it now. You either answer me or I promise you, Kayden, I will not hesitate to find out myself."

If you really know me Kayden, you would turn around and give me answers. If he remembers our childhood, he would know if I want to find out the truth... I would do anything and I mean anything to get the truth.

"Fine, you want the truth; I will give it to you." Kayden turns around and the first thing I notice is the guilt - guilt in those amazing blue eyes of his. "When I first saved you from 'Big Ben' on the playground during recess in kindergarten - It was all planned. I did not need to go to a school Rose, I could have being home schooled like Dominic. I was sent to do the job because Dominic never wanted to be there for you! He never wanted to be the person who had a responsibility on his head over a girl... He did not even know I was sent to watch over you, all because he always wanted a normal life."

"Dominic and I are half-brothers, his mother was brutally raped and that is how I came about. As the years went by, I took you as my sister, Rose. I knew I needed to protect you. I was born in the mafia, Rose, just like Dominic. Nevertheless, he holds more power because I also Meir's half-brother. I share the blood of two enemies."

"So, this is my story.This is why I am here, Rose."