Part 15 - My Mother's Blood.

The moonlight dawns down upon us, the breeze brushes against my cheeks and Elijah's little snors crowed the car

The moonlight dawns down upon us, the breeze brushes against my cheeks and Elijah's little snors crowed the car. It is past midnight as we drive to one of Dominic's hide outs because apparently Meir is now after me since he rather have me sign over everything to him instead of Harper

We have not spoken since we left the house, I knew somehow the past that I have been running away from will soon catch up with me but I was not prepared for it.

"When was Elijah born?" His voice is calmer than before as he looks at me for a second, taking his eyes of the road. "November 14th." When Elijah was born, I had complications due to all the pressure and abuse that I was a burden too. Elijah was a month early and that risked his life, I would never forget those endless nights that I have spent sitting next to him and praying to God to save him.

When I found out that I was pregnant, all the cons surrounded my mind. I was ready to abort my child but I guess God had other plans for me. "But, we-"

"Yes, I know. I had Elijah a month early due to some complications." He mumbles a soft 'Oh' and remains quite. I look outside the window, thinking back to the night we met. It was a week after I ran away from home.... Well, tried to run away until dad found me once again. A tear drop falls on my hand as more follows. I cry quietly, something that I am a master off. No one knows what I have being through and I do not intend of bringing back my past.

I have not only hid Elijah but I am hiding myself as well, from who you may ask.... From my dad. Well, he is not my real father but I guess that is what I have called him for 17 years of my life. My eyes start getting tired as I lean my head onto the window that is slightly open with the cool breeze gushing through it.

I close my eyes, dreaming about what my life would have being if I have never met Dominic.

Dominic's POV

My cabin soon comes in site, a cabin I have not seen in three years. Switching the car off, the lights go off and everything is dark except for the moonlight that dawns upon us. "We are here." I open my car door and get out. Digging in my pockets, I pull out the cabin keys and walk forward, making sure not to trip on any tree branch.

As I walk closer to the cabin, memories hit me like a brick. Memories that I do not ever want to remember. I stand in front of the door, staring at the same door I promised never to come back too. Inserting the key in and turning it, the door jerks backwards and opens up. Dust and the smell of dirt hits my nose. I cover my nose and open the door fully. Everything looks the same except for the dust that now covers up all the furniture in the cabin. I switch the lights on and the cracked bulb above my head lights up the dark room.

It starts flickering and soon it blows up and the room once again darkens. Well, we just got to do without it. Why has Rose not brought Elijah inside already? I step outside as I take a look at the car and see Rose's head leaned onto the glass window as her once bright skin has turned pale and her nose is bright red.

Walking towards the passenger door, I notice the window is slightly open. I yank the door open and quickly catch her before she could fall, "Rose." I tap onto her cold cheeks to wake her up but she softly mumbles something and grabs onto my shirt, snuggling closer into my chest. I sigh and put one hand under her neck and the other under her legs, how many times do I have to carry this woman in one night?

I carry her inside the cabin and walk to the dusty couch. I lay her on it, reminding myself that I need to go back and get Elijah. I walk back outside and this time I carry my son in. I lay Elijah on the couch next to Rose.

I close my eyes, trying to calm myself down as memories seem to push its way inside my head.

"You fucking bitch!" My father sends another blow to my mother's stomach. "Dad, stop!" Kayden runs to grab onto his hand but he simply grabs Kayden by the neck and flings him across the room, "How many times must I tell you, that I am not your father!" I sit in the corner, anger running through my veins as if it was blood. I yank my hand again but the handcuffs refuse to barge.

I sit helplessly, looking at my unconscious mother who lays in her on blood on the wooden ground.

My father killed her, killed the woman who I loved endlessly, the woman who carried me for nine months and gave me life for the few years that she was with me. "Dominic?" My eyes snaps open when I hear her voice and the couch squirk, "Where are we?" She looks around, curious and confused to her surrounding. "We at my cabin, it is quite dusty and dirty due to being abandoned for three years."

She simply nods. She stands up while stretching, "Can I help you to sort a few things." She giggles to herself while she looks around at the dirty cabin. "Yes, please." Somehow a smile appears on my face but soon Harper's face appears in my mind and the smile quickly disappears. "We should start in the bedroom." She nods and I walk forward, leading the way. The cabin only has one bedroom, this is not a mafias hide out but more like a place I used to go to, to escape the reality of life.

I open the bedroom door and step in, "We need light." I turn around but see Rose giving me a werid look, "Yeah, do you not think we could have used our phones if you didn't break them." Annoyed with her attitude, I move pass her, "Whatever, I will go check for candles in the cupboard, you can just remove the beddings for now."

I step out of the room, leaving Rose alone to clear up. Snors catch my attention as I look up at the little boy who sleeps on the couch, a smile oddly makes its way on my face when I see myself in the little boy.

Scrolling to the kitchen. I run my hands on the walls that are covered with dust and fuz. The same walls that was painted red with my mother's blood. Opening the kitchen cupboard, a cob web blocks the black candles out of my reach.

"DOMINIC! ELIJAH!"

Her screams jerk me as I take off running towards the room. Barging in, I clash with another body as she wraps her arms around me, "KILL IT!" She picks her legs up whilst wrapping it around my waist. "What are you-" She pulls back, looking directly towards me, "Look!" She points at something behind the bed but I can not seem to take my eyes off the two brown orbs that stare back at me. Everything that happened that specific night rushes through my mind. Her soft lips that kissed mine, her long nails that dug into my back whilst leaving the scars I have now and those same beautiful eyes that looked back at me as I thrusted in her.

"DOMINIC! Are you listening to me!?" I shake my thoughts away, "What?" She points again behind the bed, "There is a huge ass rat there!"