Part 9 - Betrayal.

"What is going on here!?" Like a bolt of lightning running through my veins, I jump away from Dominic

"What is going on here!?" Like a bolt of lightning running through my veins, I jump away from Dominic. He glares at me confused but stands up and dust the imaginary dirt of him. Elena shoots daggers my way as my eyes travel down to her clenched up hands.

"What's the issue, Elena?" This is the first time I have heard him calling her by her name from the time I have been here. Her head snaps to his direction, "What's the issue? You asking me, what the issue is?" She throws her hands up, anger pouring out of her like tea been poured into a tea cup. Her eyes snap towards me, "This worthless, piece of nothing is the ISSUE!"

I am the issue?

"LOWER your tone when you speak to me, ELENA!" Elena steps back, tears spring from her eyes and her hand reaches up, covering her mouth in shock, "You never...... Never ever spoke to me in such a tone. I knew it! I knew that once this 'imposter' would enter this house, she would ruin all of us." I gasp, looking at the woman who supposedly waited for my arrival but now she is calling me an 'imposter'?

"Please leave, Elena." She stands still, glaring at me while fear strikes me like another bolt of lightning. If her glares could kill, I would be six feet underground, "NOW!" He points towards the door with his eyes red with anger, veins pop around his neck and forehead while Elena sobs and leaves immediately but stops when she is out of Dominic's view but clearly in my vision.

She slowly turns around, tears flooding her eyes and her make-up slightly running down her wrinkly face. "I knew she would never last." I frown, looking directly into her eyes but I get no emotion but only hate. Hate. She walks off, banging her feet against the tiles as we listen to her fading footsteps. Once, it finally fades away, Dominic turns towards me, "Rose, I am so sorry. I did not know she would treat you like that. I do not know what has gotten into her but-"

I grip his shoulders, stopping him from his rambling, "It is fine, Dominic. I understand." His face softens when he meets my gaze.

"I promise you, I will speak to her about it. What she did should never, ever happen again!" His anger is clearly visible but I do not want them both to fight just because of me, "I am not an obligation to you, Dominic. As much as all of you think that I am a mission, I can handle my problems. You, just came into my life now but all the years before, I handled every obstacle that was thrown in my way so, do not fight my battles for me." My voice cracks at the end but I keep my head held high, something my mother always told me to do. I straighten up my posture while looking into his beautiful, hazel eyes that holds so much anger while his body slightly shakes from the rage he is facing.

I turn around, walking away from the beast. Soon as my feet touches the other side of the door, things go flying across the room. The sound of glass shattering while they fall against the tiled floor, makes my ears bleed.

Dominic's POV

I am losing my respect in this house! I thought I could prove my father wrong but I guess not. I stare down at the glass pieces that glitter on the ground, how dare she speak to me in such a manner!?

"WHO THE FUCK DOES SHE THINK SHE IS!?" I throw my fist up, ready to create another hole into the wall but a hand grips my arm, holding me back. "You know why? Why they don't show you much respect? Because, you fucking only became the leader of this mafia a year back and only 3 months ago, you proved yourself to this mafia. So, that is why no one would ever respect you because you only became a real Russo 3 months back." I turn around, pulling Kayden's hand of me.

"You really think I wanted to steal the position from you? You really think I wanted to be the leader of this shit hole? NO! I hate the mafia, I hate you and I hate that to save the mafia from a bankruptcy we have to protect Rose from all the danger she will face!" Kayden starts laughing as he walks back, clapping, "Protect Rose? You did not even want to know about her when dad ordered you to protect her! For the last 14 years of her life, I watched over her, I took care of all their debts and I slashed every danger that neared her but YOU-" Kayden lifts his finger, jabbing it into my chest, "TOOK EVERYTHING! Once you became leader, you stole all my information that I had on Rose! And now, you want to act like you known her for so long. Why? Why, Dominic? Because, you falling for her? You want to show her what a great, lovable and caring man you are? Pst.... Do not forget, Dominic, I am not the one who did not sacrifice anything to save OUR mother!"

As if someone let the red flag up, I charge towards him, wrapping my hands around his thin neck. "Do not ever dare to pick on my mother! I do not care if we shared the same womb but never will I consider you as my brother!" I push him forward, sending his useless body to the ground. "No matter what, Kayden.....You would always be my mother's rapist son."

I storm out of the room, my head held up high. If no one is going to respect me in this house, then I think some discipline needs to take place. I never wanted to be like my dad but I guess now I have being pushed to stoop to that level and the very first person I need to deal with is Elena.

I am the leader. I am the boss and no one can change that.

Taking two steps at a time to the second floor, I head over to Elena's room. My blood boils like water on a hot plate stove and I can feel the rage within my veins. I hope you happy, dad. This is what you always wanted me to become - a monster. I spot her bedroom door slightly open, extending my hand out to push open the door but come to a stand still when I hear whispering, "You do not understand, she needs to leave! I know you do not want Dominic to know but I just can not help it. Today, the sight of her trying to seduce him, pushed me over the edge."

What the fuck? Who the hell is she speaking to? I pull away, not making a single sound while leaning forward, I rest my ear against the door, "I understand. I would not let this happen again. Sooner or later, Dominic is going to find out so I have to act quick." Is Elena betraying me? I hear footsteps coming from the other direction of the hall, snapping to the direction I see Kayden walking towards me with a confused expression.

My eyes widen, I quickly put my finger on my lip, signaling him to be quite. He immediately stops walking, "I have to go now. I think someone is coming but it it going to happen soon, you have to prepare for it."

I remove myself away from the door, leaning onto the wall taking in everything. The woman who everyone in this household trust is betraying us all. Not making a single sound, I walk towards Kayden, "What is going on, Dominic?" I grip onto his hand, dragging him along with me.

"Elena is betraying us. We need to discuss this." I push open my office door, tagging Kayden alongside me, "Why would Elena be betraying us, Dominic? She would never think about doing something so vicious." Growling, I bang the table, causing the wine glass to go crashing to the ground. "Well, she is! We have to accept it."

I stand up straight, clearly disturbed by the issue, "What are we going to do?" I turn around, my back facing him, "I honestly do not fucking know."

"