Chapter 5: Ali's Revenge

Previously on Exchanging Biases...

Ali thought that Siwon was missing but there she found him with a kid. She thought maliciously but easily erased it on her mind. She continued touring, then Siwon told her that she was too amazing to remember all those things and confessed that he had a short-term memory. She felt sorry and when he grabbed her hand, she just let him. Then unfortunately, Siwon was just trolling.

Chapter 5: Ali's Revenge

Ali's POV

That jerk! I almost fell into his trap. I'm so stupid! Grrrr!

He wants to play, uh? I'll give him what he wants. Mwahaha! I'm so good in doing tricks. 

You'll regret the day that you met me, Mr. Choi.

Mwahahaha! Oh, I sound so evil. Nonetheless (where did I get this word?), it suits the mood.

We're now going to Roxas Boulevard. It's a park situated near the Manila bay, the most famous body of water here in Manila. The most romantic moment here is when you're with your loved one holding hands or just plainly beside him/her while watching for the sun to set. But now, I'm with my hated-one and I super hate it. Do I have any choice?

I let him walk before me. He's taking pictures of the bay and the people. Oh, I really wanted to kick his butt with all my might! He should be happy, I still have control of myself. Though he didn't do anything wrong at this moment, he still annoys me. I dunno why. He's so despicable. Aargh.

He stopped walking and turned around to see me. He waved his hand and pointed the bench beside him. I followed, sitting there with him.

Silence took over the place. I can only here the low sounds of waves splashing and the people chattering nearby. But between us, only the tictocs of our wristwatch and our soundly breathing.

Well, I guess I must do my job.

"Mr. Choi, the Manila Bay is a..." I stopped because he interrupted my talk.

"It's okay. I don't have to know the details. Just relax and savor the beauty of this place. Or maybe you could tell me your life story? For a difference," he suggested. A smile formed in my lips. My heart's beating so fast. I'm getting excited! This is it! This is really it! Mwahahaha!

I flashed my unconfident and gloomy face in front of him. "You know what, you're lucky."

"I know I am. Aren't you?" he retorted.

I am almost teary-eyed. I'm so proud of myself having this talent! "I am the only one...who," I sighed to add drama, "who works hard for myself and...for my daughter."

Siwon looked so shocked. I could see that he's lost for words.

I let out my tears. "I have to spend my whole time working and leaving her with my mother who is currently sick. My stupid boyfriend left me without any word. When he knew that I was pregnant, he didn't take his responsibility. He's gone, like a bubble...I almost...killed her inside of me...then thought of killing myself too. You know what, life is so cruel. I just loved and gave myself to him. What's wrong with that? Is that a crime? Was I being punished?"