chapter 1'

Joining the Shiratorizawa Volleyball Club as a manager had sure been a challenging choice for you: with that big shyness of yours you thought you could have never made it alive.

The first day you introduced yourself to the players you turned flushing red as soon as you stepped in the gym; that scene still haunts you to this day...
Despite your nervousness though, each of the boys bowed respectfully and soon made you feel comfortable.

Time passed, you started warming up to each one of them and even developed some important friendships; however, one of the guys had kind of ignored you from the start, side eyeing you in what you thought was disapproval, so you felt like doing the same, afraid of bothering him someway. You really didn't want to cause any trouble, knowing yours was a powerhouse school and that by distracting or bothering the players you could've messed up their strike, which you knew was impeccable.

[time skip]

It had now been three months since you had applied as a manager, and you were making your way to the gym impatient to see how everyone was doing and if they had developed some new techniques to drop on the court, thing that had started to happen pretty often despite their coach being against 'new': he had finally faced the fact that they needed to embrace even unfamiliar things due to the competition rising up with other schools.

As you stepped in the gym everyone greeted you cheerfully and then went back to their tasks. You smiled: your manager self loved the familiar atmosphere you felt everytime you greeted the guys, it made you feel involved in something deeply meaningful. However their main setter, Shirabu, had never really 'greeted' you: as usual, he coldly nodded in your direction, as he was obliged to show some sort of respect while his indifference was taking over him.

Despite that hurting a bit since you had started to develop a tiny crush on him due to his mysterious looks, you went to seat on the bench as usual and started scribbling and noting information.

That day everyone was particularly fired up and productive: Tendou was, as he had shouted minutes before, at his 120%, his blocks were beyond average and you loved witnessing that look on his face everytime he scored a point; Ushijima, despite his constant strength, was giving his best, and Reon just the same; Goshiki- ... well, he was always at the top of his abilities, dedicated and yelling around like that was his last day on earth.

Only Shirabu seemed down, kind of spreading an annoyed af energy, and the others soon noticed.

"Shirabu, are you ok?" said Reon with a gentle tone.

He looked away, sighing.

"YEAH SHIRABU, you seem pretty off heeh??" Goshiki yelled.

"You sets are kinda off too" Ushijima added, everyone shook to the ground: he usually took his teammates' off moments as a challenge to get better, but that day it was lasting too long.

Leaving his last hope of avoiding the situation, he gave in:

"I can't see" he firmly said. And as everyone had given him a confused look and Tendou was about to call 911 [ik it's not the same number in Japan but sounds smoother heh] he added, even more firmly and kind of shyly:

"My bangs are in the way.. They've grown out too much and I haven't had time to get them fixed.."

A light shade of pink appeared on his cheeks as he tried to avoid eye contact with the others.

It was not even the middle of practice and nor the coach or the other players had a single idea what to do, so you took that moment as a chance to really be the manager you were.

"I-I can cut them.." you said as you were regretting your life decisions.
Realizing what you'd just said, you soon added:

"I've happened to cut other people's bangs before, s-so I promise I won't make a mess!"

Everyone gave you an 'alrighty' look, except Shirabu: as he realised what you'd said he started blushing hard & looked down, then managed to say:

"A-Alright, but you'd better not make a mess.." he blurted out trying to keep his composure, while the others were smirking and snorting slightly: they knew damn well about his huge crush on you and couldn't wait for him to take this chance and finally make a move.

"Alright [Y/N], but please make it quick" said the coach as you were providing yourself some scissors.

"Sure!" you quickly answered.

Then you and Shirabu started to make your way to the restrooms... None of you said a word due to his huge embarrassment and your fear to bother him someway.
You two arrived, turned the lights on and, positioning him close to the sinks, you began to slightly shorten the excess hair.

Shirabu felt in heaven: seeing you, his all time crush, taking care of him with your hand positioned on his head to avoid him making sudden movements, eventually caressing his hair to make sure not to pull it, only a few centimeters apart... he wanted to close that distance. He had avoided confessing for way too long and this occasion would have never come back, so he made up his mind and, as you were almost finished, he blurted out:

"O-Oi, [Y/N].." and pressed his lips harshly against yours.

As you quickly realised his past behaviour towards you and how you had been misunderstanding it the whole time, you kissed him back.
Seconds passed as he asked for entrance licking your bottom lip repeatedly: again, you gave in, giving him full dominance.
One of his hands was holding your head and the other grabbing your hip tightly, while both your hands were behind his neck as you had previously dropped the scissors.
Your make out session had lasted quite a while, his tongue hungry for yours, when he parted his lips from yours and started kissing your jawline, then your neck and collarbone.

"A-Ah, Shirabu"

"It's Kenjirou, call me Kenjirou" he quickly said as he returned to devour your neck, hungry for your skin, leaving various hickeys.
You were fondling his hair in the process and he seemed to really like it.
He started leaving small bites on your collarbone, than back to your neck licking it to your jawline trying to find your sweet spot.

"Mghh~" a little moan escaped your lips and he knew he had found it. He began kissing it hard and pressing with his tongue, making your breath heavy in pleasure and the grip on his hair tighter. As he was satisfied with the huge hickey he had left, he went back to your lips and you two made out for a while more.

As your lips separated, you looked at each other with half lidded eyes, kiss drunk and hungry for more touch. It had been too much though so you knew you had to get back to the gym or the others would have suspected.

"I like you so much [Y/N], please go out with me" he said, this time more confidently.
You just nodded and buried your face in the crook of his neck in embarrassment.

He smirked and looked at himself in the mirror:

"Wow, you did a pretty good job here, too~" he teased.

"Yeah, surely better than before.." you managed to tease back.

"Tsk. Let's head back to the gym, it's already been too long.." he kissed you on the forehead, grabbed your hand and the scissors from the floor and you two started making your way back to the other guys.

As you arrived everyone complimented you for making such a good job with Shirabu's bangs, which made you blush a bit.
After an hour or so they had finished, and everyone was ready to leave.

"I'll text you later" Shirabu whispered to your ear leaving a small kiss, trying not to get noticed.

Too bad that huge hickey right under your jawline you had been trying to hide the whole time had already told everyone what had happened.

-

hi everyone~ this is my first time writing a fanfic so please be nice ^^
hope you enjoyed it!
let me know if there are some others HQ character you would like me to write about ♡
•C