Chapter 2

Natasha Romanoff sat on the countertop eating yogurt when Bucky Barnes came in. It was really late so Natasha didn't know why Bucky was up. When Natasha asked Bucky just said he was hungry.

Natasha ignored the lie instead focusing on her yogurt. It was white, but tinted pink as it was strawberry. Bucky started making pancakes because he could. Natasha gave him a look, but he pretended not to notice said look.

When Bucky was done, he gave Natasha plate as he ate his looking out of the countertops into the dark living room. Natasha said nothing and just ate the pancakes with him. They were in a comfortable silence for the most part.

"Natasha!" Bucky said yanking her off the countertops and onto the floor. Natasha hit the ground, the yogurt and the pancakes flying out of her lap and onto the tile. Standing upwards, Natasha saw Bucky fighting someone in a red and blue spandex. Natasha grabbed her gun, cocking it before shooting an bullet at the figure. The man, however, jumped out of the way of all the bullets and the attacks.

The figure finally caught Bucky's arm flipping him to his back. Bucky moaned but then grew silent. Natasha tried to attack the figure, but he soon had her pinned down. The figure held a knife to her throat before saying. "I am sorry, Mama. But, like mother, like son."

That's when things clicked for Natasha. She remembered about 15 years ago in the Red Room when she was forced to have a child with the Winter Soldier. Something about the genetics lining up to make a perfect soldier. Natasha didn't want her child to be given to HYDRA, but she couldn't do anything. They wiped her mind so she could never go back for the child. Natasha didn't even get to name him.

"My baby?" Natasha whispered in Russian. Something about it broke through to the Spider who threw the knife across the room. The Spider stumbled backwards until he hit the wall. The Spider clutched his head as Bucky started to wake up. "Wait- Bucky! Stop! That's my son."

Bucky looked confused before the pieces started to click in place for him as well. Bucky looked at the figure in a suit. His only son. The one HYDRA made him forget. The one HYDRA would pay for.

"Release," Bucky said watching the teen relax in the slightest. But that was enough for Bucky to know he had snapped out of it. "Mission complete."

"Mission failure," the teen said backing away from the two, not knowing they weren't HYDRA agents.

"Hey, hey, don't be scared. We don't want to hurt you. We're here to save you," Natasha said quietly edging closer to the teen in the slightest. "I'm Natasha Romanoff, and this is Bucky."

The teen didn't move or acknowledge the names. Natasha didn't use Bucky's last name in case it was a trigger word for the boy. The teen climbed up the wall before racing out the window. The teen swung away before Natasha or Bucky could stop him.

"Now, what?" Bucky asked.

"I'm getting our son back. I don't care who has to die in the process or what Hells I have to go to. I've missed 15 years, Bucky. I won't lose a second more."