Chapter 6

Peter was sleeping on the bed in his room. Even to him that sentence sounded wrong. Peter couldn't remember the last time he had slept on a bed before, and the experience was strange to say the least. It was like he was on a fluffy rock. Or maybe that's because he refused to relax.

Peter hummed a melody that was always in his head. Ever since he was little, Peter would hum that melody in all corners, even upper corners, of his cell. That was the one thing Peter knew he didn't get from HYDRA, so that melody must have came from Natasha or Bucky. So, Peter continued to hum it.

Eventually, Peter relaxed enough and was almost asleep. But as luck would have it, something hit his window. Peter went to investigate the noise and saw a figure standing on the opposite rooftop. Peter sighed as he let his suit come over him and swung over to come face to face with a HYDRA agent.

"Spider, mission failure. Extermination protocol," The agent said roboticly before plunging something in Peter's neck.

******

"FRIDAY, where is he?" Bucky asked looking around in the room. There wasn't anyone in the room, and there wasn't any sign of someone ever being in the room. It was exactly how it looked before it became Peter's room.

"Sir, Mister Peter was seen exiting the room by the window. A few seconds before Mister Peter left, a noise was admitted onto the window," FRIDAY spoke.

Bucky cursed as he raced down the stairs. A few Avengers were up including Steve, Natasha, Tony, and Bruce. They looked up surprised at Bucky's sudden appearance and urgent expression.

"They have Peter. And considering me and Natasha aren't dead, Peter will be," Bucky said. The others understood immediately and went off on their own searches. Bucky just stayed in the kitchen, wondering how much time they had.

*****

Peter screamed like he had never screamed before. Hit after hit, whip after whip. They couldn't just let Peter die, no, he had to be tortured to death. Peter didn't know why they wanted to kill him that way, but it seemed they enjoyed his pain.

"Keep him alive for awhile. Let's make an example out of him for other agents who want to fail their missions," One agent, the agent in charge, said. Peter wanted to argue, but that would only result in more pain.

If Peter had just done his mission, he wouldn't be in these situation. But Peter knew he would never forgive himself if he was the cause of his parents deaths. Another thing Peter could have done was run away. If Peter had run away, he would be able to see the sunset every day.

But now, he was stuck in a dark room with cinder block walls. The room was foul smelling like moss covered in skunk spray. The metal table Peter was strapped on was ice cold, which wasn't very good for someone who couldn't thermoregulate. Peter was facing upwards so all he saw was a blinding light.

"Hello, Little Spider. It's time to test your ability to withstand a killer," A woman said with a sweet voice. The door clicked open and closed, as more agents left Peter alone in the room. Peter fought against the restraints on his wrists, ankles, and torso, but they wouldn't break, even with his super strength.

A buzz filled the room making Peter flinch. His senses were becoming unbearable, so each new sound was painful for Peter. A spray filled the air from the roof. As it touched Peter's skin, it was cool but his skin began to burn. Peter screamed as he realized what was being sprayed on him.

Bug spray. A way to kill spiders. Or soldiers who are about 50% spider.