Chapter 4

Natasha Romanoff and James Barnes stood in the interrogation room, their attitude nothing short of cold and frigid. The woman who sat behind the metal table was calm and cool. Ice and water, one from the other yet entirely different.

"What did you do to the Spider?" Natasha spoke first, her voice making even Nick Fury impressed.

The agent said nothing instead keeping her watery blue eyes focused forwards, a twisted smile gracing her lips. The agents brown hair came down her back blending into her black suit at the tips.

"What did you do to him!?"

"The son of Black Widow and the Winter Soldier would be the most powerful force on Earth. But every gene that wasn't to HYDRA'S liking was replaced with the spider counterpart gene."

"So, the Spider really is 50% spider?" Bucky said with a mocking humor. Despite he tone and facial expression, his eyes held a tight anger that would stay locked onto every HYDRA agent.

"Give or take a gene. The Spider, or Peter as I'm sure you've become acquainted with him with, isn't exactly 50% one way or another," The agent shrugged.

"How can his DNA even survive like that? Wouldn't his immune system try to get rid of it?" Natasha asked, arching an eyebrow.

"The X-gene. When that gene was... awaken, for lack of better terms, the other genes molded into one another creating a human-spider hybrid," The agent explained. "The X-gene is the only thing keeping HYDRA'S spider alive."

"He is not HYDRA'S spider. He is Peter Benjamin Romanoff-Barnes. Don't think otherwise," Bucky threatened watching the agent's grin grow. Bucky left with Natasha close behind.

****

Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye, was humming a merry tune while frying French fries. Steve was being super American and was making the burgers. Wanda was cutting up fruits and vegetables while talking to Vision about the latest book they were reading.

Peter followed FRIDAY'S advice to the kitchen. Peter was hoping no one was in there, so he could sneak some food out. He didn't know how rough the "Avengers" were compared to HYDRA, so Peter decided to stock up on food.

"Hello," A voice spooked Peter. He turned to find a red skinned man with a yellow\orange stone in his head. "I am Vision."

"I am Steve Rodgers," The one cooking burgers said with his perfect teeth smile. The other two people in the room introduced themselves as Wanda Maximoff and Clint Barton.

Peter nodded, standing at attention. The action was freaking Clint out, so the man called the teen over. Clint showed Peter how to make fries. While doing it, Peter was starting to show his personality. He made funny gestures when the other three weren't looking, and he even was clumsy, Clint noticed.

"So, Peter, how about you tell me about yourself? How about... Truth for truth. You tell me something about you, and I tell you something about me," Clint came up with.

Peter nodded trying to use his voice. Although slight scratchy, Peter's voice was coming to a normal state. At first, Peter only spoke in quick sentences. But after more talking to Clint, the man realized the teen could be a chatterbox if he wanted. Clint didn't get annoyed by the fact, instead finding a breakthrough. Soon all five of the chiefs were talking with each other.

"All the food done?" Steve asked finishing the burgers. The others nodded, and Steve started bringing food to the counter. Peter tried to put a movie on while Wanda went to get everyone.

The Avengers were all in the living room eating. Instead of watching a movie (because for as smart as Peter was, he never even saw a TV up close before) the Avengers were laughing and joking with each other. The only ones missing was Natasha, Bucky, Clint, and Sam.

Wanda showed Peter how to make a burger, and Peter fell in love with the food. Peter felt like Valhalla when he first tasted French Fries.

Natasha and Bucky came in arguing in Russian. Everyone but them saw Peter stand up and straighten up, his eyes focused forwards. "Ready to comply."

Before anyone could stop Peter, or The Spider at the moment, Clint shot through the room with an angry Sam behind him. "Can someone please kill Clint?"

The Spider moved fluidly grabbing a knife from Steve who was smearing the mayo. The Spider had his web shooters on, and shot everyone who came close. The Spider held the knife at Clint's throat, before Bucky managed a "Release!"

The knife clattered on the floor as Clint stumbled forwards. Peter looked around the room, knowing exactly what had happened. Before anyone could stop the teen, Peter busted through the window, dropping down to the ground. But before he hit, Peter shot a web disappearing into the horizon of New York City.

Hey! What do you think? What ships do you want in this? Do you want Natasha and Bucky to be together, or them to be with someone else? I'm taking the majority vote on ships accept a select few.