Chapter 9

Peter was getting better. He still had severe nightmares that caused Natasha and Bucky to sleep with him, and Peter simply refused to walk outside. Another thing was that Peter refused to go near ropes, knives, and pills. A few Avengers had an idea as to why, but then again, it could have been a HYDRA thing.

Another thing Peter did that disturbed the Avengers was Peter trained. A lot. Peter trained in any and every form of combat. It was something Peter did that no one could stop.

One day, all the Avengers except Wanda were called for a mission. It was only for a day, but the situation was fraught. Whatever the mission was, it was pretty serious. Not serious enough for Wanda apparently.

Wanda had been having nightmares of her own lately. She kept seeing herself as something to fear. Wanda felt that her powers were slipping away from her control, making her a deadly asset that could go wrong at any moment.

After the Avengers left, Wanda and Peter sat across from each other at the dining room table. It was perfectly silent except a small hum that filled the background. All they did was stare at each other. It was making Wanda uncomfortable, but Peter looked like he could do it all day.

"How about we play a card game?" Wanda suggested standing up. She went to grab a deck of cards that, ironically enough, were Avengers themed. The back had the Avengers logos while the front had different characters with the suit and number. Wanda was actually all the eights.

"Let's play a game called Battle," Wanda said shuffling the cards with her powers. Once that was done, Wanda split the deck giving Peter one side while Wanda kept the other. FRIDAY played music as the two began playing.

Soon, they two started making conversation while the music was background noise. A few songs the two started dancing and singing all goofy. Wanda ordered pizza while they finished the game, Peter being victorious. The pizza was delivered and the two watched a movie. Wanda was at one end with Peter at the other. Their legs meant in the middle in a weird pile but a blanket covered that.

The two were out in about half of an hour. The Avengers team came in at around 10 pm only to find their youngest teammates surrounding by pizza and the movie menu on a loop on the TV. Some let out soft laughs at the scene. Steve picked up Wanda to put in her room, while Bucky picked up Peter. After that was done, the team got bandaged and went to finish the pizza and watch the movie.

******

Peter woke up in a cold sweat. But it wasn't from a nightmare, because Peter had a dreamless sleep for once. No, this was from something entirely different.

Peter stumbled to the bathroom feeling light headed. The young boy could barely keep his balance as he turned on the light. Peter puked in the toilet, but the stuff was black and ink like.

Peter shot up from the sight and checked the mirror. His eyes had become pools of black ink with two red search lights in them. Some of the vomit ink dripped down his mouth as he washed it off. When he looked back up, his eyes were doe brown again.

Peter took a shower, and felt better almost immediately. He changed into an science pun shirt and sweat pants. Peter went to the kitchen to make some pancakes. Peter began humming the old lullaby he always hummed while he finished the pancakes.

"Hey, little bro," Wanda said coming in the kitchen. They hadn't established it, but they definitely saw each other as siblings. Just way cooler siblings than the common annoying type.

Peter hummed in reply as he walked into the living room to eat. Peter sat his plate and fork down before sitting on the couch. As he reached to grab his fork a black ink came down his arm. Peter snapped his arm to his face, only to find nothing.

Peter ate his pancakes contemplating the strange new ability. It didn't seem to do anything positive for him, but it didn't seem to have a negative effect either. Peter decided that he shouldn't say anything until it became a serious problem.

A loud crackle of thunder snapped on the balcony making Wanda flinch. Peter had Spidey sense to warn him, so it didn't faze him. The thunder appeared to be a blonde man with a hammer that shone with lightning.

Sam, Clint, Natasha, and Tony came down to greet the new arrival. Wanda introduced Peter, who just stared at the god of thunder. Peter didn't trust the man, but if his family saw him as a good guy, Peter wouldn't be upset with his arrival.

Thor sat his hammer down on the kitchen counter as the Avengers minus Wanda and Peter left in the elevator. Peter took he's silverware and plate to the sink. When he turned around, he saw Wanda trying to telekiniticly lift the hammer. After it failed, Wanda huffed in annoyance. Looking up at Peter, Wanda smiled. "Hey! Peter, why don't you try to lift the hammer?"

Peter shrugged looking at the hammer. Peter let his hand grip the handle before he pulled upwards. The hammer soared up as lightning and thunder filled the air. Wanda jumped back in surprise, but Peter felt it there. The blank ink rimmed his vision as it slid up his arm, towards the hammer that still glew with energy.

Peter dropped the hammer, flinching as the ink went back inside him. Wanda, being so awestruck that Peter could wield Thor's hammer, hadn't noticed the ink demon that lived in Peter.

The elevator chimed open revealing almost all the Avengers smushed in. They all popped out and looked around at the room. They saw Wanda on the floor with Thor's hammer at Peter's feet. Peter was staring at his hand and arm, but Thor knew he had put the hammer on the counter.

"Someone is worthy of Thor's-" Thor had started, but Peter's webbing out the window had stopped as the teen just left, in fear of what he was becoming.