Chapter 5

Peter Parker swung through New York, hitting a button on his web shooter so his red and blue suit came over his figure. Peter swung until he stumbled onto a building. Tears came down his eyes, so Peter pulled off his mask.

How could he do that? How could Peter try to kill the people who were going to save him? Maybe he deserved go back to HYDRA. He tried being the good guy, but that didn't work for Peter.

Peter laid back on the roof so he could see the stars. Peter couldn't remember the last time he had seen the stars. Spider told him about them all the time after missions, but Peter couldn't remember himself.

A way Peter coped with the guilt of being HYDRA'S Spider, was by separating Peter from the Spider. The two entities could talk to each other, but they were never there at the same time.

"Help!" Peter picked up from a block away or so. Peter snapped up and swung on over to see a mugging, struggling, but successfully putting his mask on. The woman was being backed into an alleyway by two men wearing black and gray. One man had a gun.

"Leave her alone!" Peter said shooting a web to retrieve the gun. Peter jumped down to the alleyway and started fighting the two guys. It wasn't difficult seeing as Peter could take down HYDRA agents and the Spider could take down any sort of agent.

In that moment, Peter reflected, he wasn't Peter or the Spider. It was the first time his two halves had formed. Peter was his innocent but sarcastic nature, and the Spider's fighting skills and violent nature. Peter decided he needed a different name for this new persona.

Peter returned the purse to the woman and he put the gun away. The woman looked at his mask with frightened eyes. "Who- who are you?"

"I'm... your friendly, neighborhood... Spider-Man!" Peter decided on that name. The woman nodded and ran away, thankful for the mysterious good Samaritan. The woman passed by a teen with a camera.

"Hey! Loser, tell the camera who you are!" The teenage girl said with a serious and calculating face. Peter shook off the weird nickname and introduced himself as Spider-Man.

*****

"Where is he, Stark?" Bucky said while they were in the lab. Natasha was sitting on the arm of a chair while Bucky paced. Tony shook his head with a sigh as he looked through video feeds.

Everyone had figured out that when Natasha and Bucky were arguing in Russian, they accidentally said Peter's Spider words. After he was activated, Sam asking someone to kill Clint was registered as a command for the Spider soldier.

Tony pulled up a new, but going viral, video of a new superhero. The red and blue figure was fighting two muggers with speed and accuracy. The figure gave his name and purse to the lady he saved. After that, the person taking the video asked for his name.
"I'm your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man."

"I think I've found him," Tony said with his cocky confidence. Bucky and Natasha watched the video. After the video, the two had grim expressions. Bucky looked worried while Natasha looked like she was going to ground someone.

"Sir, Peter Parker has dropped on top of the roof. He wishes to apologize to Clint, but he doesn't trust himself to do it alone," FRIDAY spoke. Clint came down at that moment, looking like he knew what was going on. Clint didn't blame Peter for the almost murder, instead blaming HYDRA.

"I'll go with him," Natasha said walking with Clint to the roof were Peter had his mask off. Peter looked out onto the horizon, like he had never seen a sunset before. Natasha reflected that Peter had probably never seen one before.

"Hey, Kiddo," Clint said softly, startling Peter. The teen slowly turned around, guilt evident on his features. It made Clint's heart hurt that the kid blamed himself. Sure, Clint had only known the kid for less than a day, but Peter had that affect on people.

"I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to but I did. I'm dangerous and I let myself forget that for awhile. And what for? To be normal? I'm a fool to think I'll be a hero," Peter said looking down in shame.

"I saw the video, Baby Spider. You're a hero, even if a small one right now. If you let yourself fall to the darkness, that's where you're going to stay," Natasha said coming closer to the boy.

"And it's not your fault. Natasha and Bucky were the one's arguing in Russian, I was the one to annoy Sam, and Sam was the one to ask someone to kill me. No where in that did it say it was your fault," Clint reassured the kid who was still hesitant to believe he wasn't the one to blame.

"Come on down, Peter. Let's finish dinner," Natasha smiled being right beside the kid. The teen allowed himself to be led downstairs where everyone was eating together. No one joked about murder or talked in Russian.