Chapter 1 || Jacob

The light flickered in the darkroom, silence. The tension was thick as the male stared at the emptiness that was his cage. He glanced at the moon, wishing for something exotic and adventurous to happen. Though it was a wish that he repeated every night, it never lost its meaning to him.

"Please, let my life be fun and full of mystery. To have a life where I'm not trying to hide from the world." he finished off quite desperately. His identity must not ever be known from the world. He was caged in from his father, only to do nothing but 'stay where he belongs' in the quote of his father.

Although his father was his only family, he treated him like he was dirt. The world didn't know of the truth behind what Mr. Bae Min-jun does. That his son was treated like a pig in his own home. His father was the culprit in disguise.

--

Jacob abruptly woke up the next day, hoping to be able to go outside. He was known by the maids and butlers who occasionally help him. They let him live the world outside with one condition, no one knows who he is. They can't know he is the son of the king's right-hand man.

With that, he heard a creaking of the door. A woman's head peeking out a bit, looking as if she was looking for something. When she spotted the male, she stretched her hand out towards and gestured for him to come closer. He hesitated before going to his old bedroom, changing into a nice pair of slacks and a yellow hoodie.

"Ma'am, where is my father?" Jacob asked the old woman, who only replied saying he's gone. He sighed happily as he left the house, waving at the nice woman before he went.

He strolled through the nice neighborhood, a bit gloomy as great clouds hovered above him, signaling rain. Jacob stopped by an all too familiar café. A merry smile settled on his lips as he looks graciously at the owner who was outside.

"Hello, Changmin!"

"JACOB! You haven't stopped by in a while." Changmin gasped as he waved at the older. Still a bit stunned, he nearly fell as he waddled closer to the other male. The said male was delighted that Changmin still remembered him. He had only stopped by every once and a while when he was able.

"Let's go in, yeah?" Jacob nodded as he opened the glass door. Walking in, the smell of coffee and brownies making him grin. The cafe was mostly the same, a tad bit different but wasn't very distinct.

He walked silently towards the counter, feeling eyes on him. He subtly glanced up at the cashier, surprised to see a new person. The new employee had pink hair that matched his pale skin. A roundish face with soft eyes.

"I'm Chanhee, what may I get for you today?" The employee said, not stopping his gaze on the male. His eyes glimmered infatuation with the male though they only just met. The sound of rain in the background as Jacob ordered, "Can I have a strawberry cheesecake with coffee?"

The other male hummed in response as he directed his eyes toward the machine, pressing a few buttons as he did. Jacob looked out at the rain, a shimmer in his eyes. He liked the rain.