Chapter 4 || Kevin

He stared up into the dark abyss, completely engulfed by the moonlight. Darkness consumed the city as crickets we're heard. Kevin sighed with longing buried deep in his voice. He stood back a bit; waiting for dawn to come. Suddenly, he remembered something. He quickly fished out the family heirloom, blazing sun with a small diamond in the core.

He did this every morning, not missing a single day since he was 13. It had become an event that he promised not to ignore, honoring his ancestors as he held the rough metal.

"Young Sir, your parents wish to see you in the throne room." Madam Aki said as she bowed gracefully. The woman had served his family 3 generations, now at the age of 73, she wishes to retire soon. The Royal household was grateful for her now that she is coming to the end of her career. She was a graceful old lady with a heart of gold. Loyal to those she cared for very deeply. (A/N: She's a Hufflepuff)

"I'll head down once I finish this Ma'am. You are dismissed, " Kevin replied quite groggily. The elder smiled a bit as she exited the spacious room, leaving him to finish. It was quite obvious he disliked his parents for interrupting him 4 days in a row. Always the same story: sending Madam Aki, Letting him finish, Scold him for taking a long time, plan out the upcoming ball.

Oh right! The ball! The ball happened for each generation, giving commoners and nobles the chance to become the next ruler. It had always riled up the city as the date was released 3 weeks in advance. All the people who attended were to wear formal attire with a silver ring, the word 'Royal' carved in.

Oh how Kevin wished to find his lover during the ball, man or woman were allowed as he came out as pansexual a year prior.

Was he to find his one and only?

--

I did this with less then three hours of sleep, I'm tired