Chapter 2

It occurred to me that there were a few things I should clear up. Here, Harry Potter is canon up until he is 17, or right before he is seventeen. In Kuroshitsuji, everything is canon up until season 2. I did not like season 2, and it does not fit my story at all, so I will stick with season 1. Ciel had his soul eaten by Sebastian in this story, or at least he will. That is another thing. Kuroshitsuji hasn't happened yet here. This is 1865 Victorian London. Ciel was born in 1875, if what I looked up is right. Harry will not meet Sebastian until Ciel has had his soul eaten. Ciel is 13 in Kuro, and the story takes place spaced out over a year. Which means it will be at least 24 years before Harry meets Seb. There will be a significant timeskip.

I'll only do this once: I don't own or claim to own Kuroshitsuji or Harry Potter.

His head was killing him. His entire body felt as if it had been hit by a sledgehammer. Every muscle ached. He found himself wishing for unconsciousness again, if only to sleep the ache away. Sadly, he was completely awake now, and with that came awareness that he was sitting in a dirty alley, and a puddle of urine was right next to him. Joy.

He also quickly noticed that it was night time now. He had arrived here while it was still daylight, so he must've been unconscious until night time. His inheritance had come. He could feel it in his bones. He felt more at home in his body, which was slightly ridiculous. This one was changed. It was new. He had only had it for one night, why would he feel more comfortable in it?

His wand was lying on the ground, dangerously close to the puddle of piss. Thank Merlin for small mercies. He picked it up, and conjured a mirror. He might as well face the music.

The difference was startling. His hair, where it had been a kind of light black before, or at least light black compared to this black, was now black as pitch. It fell in almost feathery tufts around his face, framing it. His skin was pale as snow. His lips were red as blood. His eyes were still green. They had been extraordinarily green before, but now they paled in comparison. His eyes were a vivid green, which almost seemed to glow. His overall face structure had changed drastically. His face had become slightly narrower, and this combined with the shape of his nose and jaw made him look much more aristocratic.

Overall he had changed drastically. He doubted that if Ron or Hermione showed up right now they would even recognize him. He didn't even look human anymore. No human possessed features such as this. What was he? He had no idea. He had asked Dumbledore what inheritance he might get, and the man had had no idea. The Potters were not known for their creature inheritances. It had been dubious whether or not he would even get one. Well, he had certainly gotten one, and now he had no one to ask what he even was, and no way of researching it. Not that he would know what to research. Glowing, intense eyes? Pale skin? Blood red lips? Those weren't exactly specific of any one creature.

Regardless, he had no way of finding out, so he saw no point to focusing on it. He needed to find out where he was, find clean clothes, and then see if he could get a place to stay other than a dirty alley. He also needed food. He realized at that moment he was hungry. He would go so far as to describe himself as ravenous. The ache he felt was not from the change, it was an ache for food. His body was practically crying for it, and now that he realized it, he could not focus on anything else.

He shakily got to his feet, his hunger his only focus. He slipped out of the alley and started walking in one direction on the street. The street was empty of carriages and people now. He felt strangely disappointed of that fact, when he should be thankful. At this point people would be shooting him disgusted, wary, awed or fearful glances. He would look like a filthy ragamuffin if it weren't for this new face.

Then he smelt something. It wasn't heavenly, or even particularly appetizing smelling, but it sang to the hunger in him, and he followed it with single minded intensity. He reached it quickly, and grew slightly puzzled when he realized the smell came from a man. He was filthy, sleeping, sitting down and leaning against the wall in an alley. He was very obviously homeless. His puzzlement didn't last long, and he kneeled down next to the man, towards where he instinctively felt he could get to that tantalizing scent.