Chapter 4

I suffered from a terrible case of writer's block for this chapter. I am not particularly happy about it, but after a bit of editing I would like to think its decent at least. I realized that not everyone knows what happened in Kuroshitsuji, as one of my reviewers pointed out, so I thought I would outline it for everyone:

- Ciel lost his parents.
- Ciel makes a deal with Sebastian (a demon): his soul for the revenge of his parents' deaths and his humiliation at the hands of his kidnappers.
- The deal then becomes a contract.
- The concept of the contract is that Sebastian can have Ciel's soul in exchange of assisting him in the adventure to seek out his
parents' killer, however, not anytime before that.
- Until the time comes to retrieve his soul, Sebastian is to serve as Ciel's butler.
- During a fight with Madam Red (Ciel's aunt) and Grell Sutcliff (a Grim Reaper), Sebastian injures his arm, the SAME arm that contains
a tattoo on it. This tattoo is the mark of proof that they made a contract with one another. This same mark is located in Ciel's
right eye, hence why he is always wearing the eyepatch.
- Closer to the end of Season 1, they realize that an angel named Angela was the one responsible for the deaths of Ciel's parents.
Upon finding out about this, they [Sebastian and Angela] duel, but the Phantomhive manor is burned down in the process, along with
the streets of London.
- At the VERY END of Season 1, Pluto, a guard dog of the Phantomhive Manor, loses his life, as he is controlled by Angela into
destroying the manor and the streets of London, along with Madam Red, and Angela loses her wings and life thanks to Sebastian.
- LAST EPISODE: Sebastian sits Ciel down and prepares to eat his soul...(In canon, he fails at this and gets Ciel's soul stolen by Claude, in my story, he succeeds and DOES eat Ciel's soul)

It was harder than I thought it would be to have Undertaker in this story. He seems like such an easy character to write, but due to his general strangeness, he is rather unpredictable, and in the anime he isn't seen that much. I tried my best.

When Undertaker stopped, Harry stared. The place he was taking him to was called 'Undertaker.' Really? Of course the man called himself after his profession. Who wouldn't? He had been planning on being a potter later in life anyway. They would have been beautifully created pots, of course.

He sighed. Why did he have to meet and agree to work for the crazy guy? Oh, right, he knew what he was. Well wasn't that just dandy.

"Why do you call yourself Undertaker?" The man just cackled and walked into the shop. He sighed and followed. The inside of the shop was dark and shadowy, but not so dark that if a human walked in they wouldn't be able to see anything. Coffins lined the walls, and one was laying down right in the middle of the floor. That wasn't creepy at all.

Undertaker turned and stepped into the coffin, laying down and crossing his arms as if he were a dead body inside it. He sighed happily, as if he had been waiting to do this all day, and closed his eyes.

Harry stared and waited, expecting him to eventually say something. Nope, he just continued to lie there.

Rolling his eyes, he finally snapped "You're going to just lay there?" Undertaker opened his eyes and looked at Harry innocently. "What? You could have asked questions this whole time, you know." Then he giggled, as if what he said was particularly funny to him.

Harry closed his eyes and breathed in deeply. This man was succeeding in getting on his nerves. He had a sneaking suspicion that was what he was aiming for, actually.

He opened his eyes and asked then "What exactly is a demon? I doubt the beliefs of the Church are very accurate." Undertaker cackled and nodded in agreement. "You would be right about that, little demon." He adopted a pseudo-serious look and his face and proclaimed "Demons are actually from hell. They got that right, at the very least. They have no souls themselves, and feed on souls for sustenance. If they do not feed on souls, they won't die, but they will weaken progressively until they are below even humans in strength. It takes over a human lifetime for a demon to get to that point, though, which is why it never happens. They are immortal, of course. They cannot die. It is impossible. They might have their human body unmade, but all this does is send them back to hell. There they regain their strength before returning to the human world."