The Stag's Caution

Disclaimer: I don't own the vampire diaries only my OC, Sasha. I borrowed some lines from the episode The Sacrifice.

Originally Published: April 25, 2019

Edited: December 3, 2019

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

March 28, 2010

Sasha sighed from her spot haphazardly sprawled across a couch in the Martin's rented apartment in the infamous town of Mystic Falls.

It's been two days since she learned that her dreams were real.

Honestly she's been kind of in a daze and has done little besides introduce herself to the Martins. The poor men had no idea that Greta was such a lost cause. Elijah was off creating the role of Elijah Smith, a historian who wished to learn about Mystic Falls to explain his reason for being in the town for the humans. He had already frightened Rose and Damon a few days ago by throwing rocks at them which shattered some sun-resistant glass that injured and killed vampires who lacked daylight rings. They'd been meeting with someone named Slater who Sasha was not familiar with, apparently he was some kind of vampire historian. Elijah killed him so they'd be kept in the dark about the curse until Elijah decided to tell them. Elijah was controlling the flow of information.

Sasha thought Elijah was doing pretty well on his own and didn't understand how she was supposed to help. She rubbed her temples a headache forming as she realized just what laid ahead of her.

Klaus Mikaelson was a favorite character of hers when she had been told the story of the Originals. He was a character with a lot of baggage but it made him an interesting and compelling character. But Klaus was a real person and he had suffered horribly at the hands of his father and even his mother. She felt kind of awful for knowing so much about that probably even more than his siblings. Things that Klaus never wanted people to ever know about. He was not going to react well when he learned that she knew everything about his life. She thought that he might actually try to kill her because of it.

Sasha didn't want to die, she wanted to go home not become some kind of saving grace for the Mikaelson family. But she knew that Ake had the ability to teleport her so if she tried to escape he'd just send her back and she knew crossing Elijah wouldn't end well for her. He's been pretty kind so far, she didn't want to deal with a less pleasant version of him. She'd seen how that ends for people in the past.

She supposed she should make some kind of game plan. So she wasn't so sure she trusted Elijah to handle the doppelganger without getting attached. His track record with them wasn't so good, he had a weakness for that particular face.

Personally Sasha thought Tatia was kind of a bitch for pulling along both Elijah and Klaus, dating two brothers at the same time without everyone's enthusiastic consent was really shitty polyamory. Not that was the kind of relationship the brothers wanted but that seemed to obviously be what Tatia wanted but it was kind of frowned upon back then at least with one woman and two men. If it was one man and two women it'd probably be a different story.

Katerina was very similar to Tatia in appearance and personality but she was much more adaptable and tougher in a way. Katerina was courted by Klaus partially because he did miss Tatia some days and because he needed an excuse to let her live with him. Klaus though was not foolish enough to fall in love with a woman he planned to kill. Elijah wasn't as smart and he fell for Katerina and that's why he acquired that potion of resurrection for her behind his brother's back. But of course Trevor warned Katerina of her fate and she ran. But while she was with them she also showed a want for a polyamory relationship with them without knowing the term for it. Society then also frowned on a woman being with two men, she'd be a harlot. Sasha was also pretty positive that Katerina had been with both Salvatore brothers based on Stefan's comments from the 20s when he was with Klaus.