Moonlight

Thomas's POV

The night was silent, only but the sound of crickets chirping away in the night. The moonlight shone down over the Glade, as I rested against the wall of the Maze.

Everyone else was fast asleep, but I couldn't. Thoughts and questions about who I am, and where I came from cloud over my brain. I just needed a breath of fresh air.

I silently sigh to myself, staring up at the moon.

I snap my head back to the sound of a twig snapping. To my relief, it's only Newt walking towards me.

"What're you doing, Tommy?" He says, sitting next to me. "I couldn't sleep," I say, "so I came here to think."

"About what?" His voice was quiet.

"About who I am, what my life was like before. About the Maze, the Glade, you." I pause as the last part came out accidentally. My face heats up as Newt let's out a soft chuckle.

"What about me?" He asks, smiling.

"Uh, I-I didn't mean to say that. I'm sorry."

"No, no it's fine Tommy." I feel my stomach rise when he calls me by my nickname. I've always wanted to tell him how cute it was.

"But really, what about me?" He asks, putting his hand on top of mine. His hand on my skin makes it tingle. "I-I don't know..."

He scoots closer to me, and I look at him. "You know Tommy, I think it's obvious that we like each other."

My heart nearly stops. "What?"

"Come on. the way you get nervous near me, the long glances, the stuttering?"

I put my head in my hands, groaning. "Is it that obvious?" I laugh. "You better bloody believe it. But, I like you too Tommy."

I look at him again, noticing his flushed cheeks. "You do?"

"I do." He says, very casually. He then intertwines his fingers with my hand, making us blush.

"I love the moonlight. It's so calming, and I feel like it watches over us, the whole Glade." He whispers.

We stare into the night sky, not saying a word a few minutes. I look at him, studying his features. This is the closest I've ever looked at him before. He turns his head to smile at me, and I hide my smile, blushing.

"Newt?" I ask him.

"Yes, Tommy?"

"C-can I kiss you?" He looks at me for a second, then smiles widely as he looks down. "Y-yeah, that'd be bloody great."

I scoot closer to him, looking him in the eyes, then to his soft pink lips. I slowly start to lean in. He's closing his eyes, so I do the same. After leaning in a bit more, our lips connect, and I can feel my heart explode. I feel like our souls are being binded into one, as my lips press against his.

Soon, our lips start moving against each other, keeping up with the other like they're dancing.

Newt puts his arms around my waist, as I wrap mine around his shoulders. He slightly nibbles on my lower lip, tugging on it. I moan into his mouth, and then pull away as he laughs to himself.

"Did my Tommy just moan?"

"No," I say, getting up, "we should go to bed." He stands up and holds my hand as we walk to the hammocks. Once we're there, he kisses my forehead and walks to his hammock. "Why don't you sleep with me?" He suggests. Full of warmth, I agree, and lay next to him in his hammock.

He spoons me as he wraps his arms around me, and nuzzles his nose into my brunette hair. He breaths hot air down my neck, which makes my whole body tingle.

"Goodnight Tommy, I love you." I smile as my eyes get droopy. "I love you too, Newt."

Hey guys, it's Moth. Sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I've been caught up in things and haven't had much inspiration. I know this is short, but it's what came to mind. It would be REALLY helpful if you guys gave me some One-Shot ideas to work with. Please give me ideas in the comments or DM me. I'll post sooner hopefully and I'll see you guys later!
~Moth