It's Okay

Newts POV

Turning the handle of the front door, I open and walk into my flat, setting my car keys up on a hook and hanging up my coat. My boss made me work later again tonight, so I grabbed some takeout from the Chinese restaurant.

"Tommy, I'm home!" I shout as make my way towards the couch. I plop down on the cushions and start flipping through new movies to rent as I open the boxes of takeout.

"Tommy! I got takeout, do you want to watch a movie tonight?" I wait a few moments for a reply, which never comes. "Tommy?" I get up from the couch and slowly walk up to our bedroom door, only to hear muffled cries.

I sigh, opening the door to find a broken down Thomas. He was laying on his side of the bed, sobing into his pillow as he clutched it to his chest.

"Thomas, not again," I groan as I sit at his feet and rest my hand on his shoulder. "what's wrong, flower?" I try to comfort him. He only sobs harder now.

"Ev-verything..."

"Tommy, it's oka-"

"No, Newt, it's not okay!" He screams. He gets up from the bed and walks out of the room. I quickly follow him, getting worried. I come to the mud room, seeing him putting on his shoes and coat.

"Thomas? Baby, where are you going?" Now I'm starting to get angry.

"Thomas, answer me."

"I'm going out, and don't stop me because no matter what you say I'm leaving. I can't deal with you right now!" I can feel my face getting hot.

"Thomas, what did I do?"

"You're always working now, we never have quality time anymore and I feel like you don't even care about us. And you never try to help me when I'm sad, because instead you'd rather ignore me, leaving me in worse condition."

I'm completely taken aback my his words, but regain my wall and begin to argue back.

"Thomas, I'm sorry that I'm not always around anymore, but I'm just trying to work hard enough so we can have a stable financial life! And after a day of work, I get exhausted, okay? And Tommy, of course I care about us, you mean the world to me and I don't know how I could live without you. And if you think I don't try helping you, I do! At least I did, but you always told me to leave you alone and you didn't want my help, so I left you alone just like you wanted! I'm tired of you always being so stubborn and selfish, and I feel like you Don't even care about my hard work, especially when you don't even have a job yourself!"

Tears were now streaming down my face, mimicking Thomas.

"Well, I want you to help me now, but now you're just judging me because I don't work and put an effort into paying rent, and at least I'm not some lousy boyfriend who just leaves his boyfriend in their room to cry himself out all day! Maybe I want to get a job, but need your help to find one, and you never appreciate how I clean the house everyday. I do our groceries and errands, I add up the bills and the taxes, and I look after our plants!"

We were both at this point crying hot tears of frustration. My hands were fists, and my knuckles turned white as I dug my nails in my skin. Why does he have to be like this all the time? I just want to help him but he always pushed me away.

"You always make me feel unappreciated," I growl, "I work hard everyday, giving us a roof over our heads, and food in our bellies, and you never ever thank me!"

"Ahhh!! You're so ungrateful Newt!! I can't believe you right now!!" He screams. "And why does Will keep calling you?"

"What? Will, my co-worker? Thomas, he calls me all the time to update me on new cases and files! Whatever you're thinking, it's not true."

"Bullshit!!!" Thomas snarls. "You're cheating on me, aren't you? That's why you're always at work and never spend time with me anymore! If that's the case, I want you to get out of here. Right. Fucking. Now."

"Thomas! What the hell? I would never cheat on you! Are you mad? I swear that Will and I are just co-workers, were not even friends! So I'm staying here. In MY flat!"

"This is absolute shit, Newton!! I'm going to Minho's, and don't even try following me. This is bullshit! No wonder why you're mom committed suicide!!

The arguing stops, leaving silence in the room. Thomas's eyes go wide as he realised what he said. My breath gets caught in my lungs, and my eyes become blurry with tears.

"Newt, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it! Please don't get upset! I stand there, shaking my head.

"No, Thomas, I'm beyon- j-just get out-t. Get out off h-here!!! GET THE FUCK OUT!!!" He slowly walks towards me, putting a hand on arm. I pull away and shove him harshly away from me. I can't even speak, because I'm so upset, so I just collapse on the ground and sob loudly.

Thomas gets down on the ground with me, cupping my face and wiping away my fat tears.

"Newt, I'm so, so sorry. Oh my god, what have I done, baby I'm so sorry." He says gently. I try pushing him away, but I feel so weak and vulrnerable.

"Baby, I didn't mean it, I'm so sorry," he says as he pulls me into a hug, "oh, what the fuck is wrong with me?!" He cries onto my shoulder. "I do appreciate your hard work, and I'm glad you want to help me, and this time is won't be stubborn, just tell me if you're okay? Please, Newt, please? I love you so much and I was just upset and I shouldn't have said that stuff. I'm so sorry." He squeezes me tighter, making me forgive him for what he said, because I love him and I can't stay mad at him.

"It's, okay, Tommy, I'm sorry too, I really do thank you for everything you do while I'm at work, and I promise to start having more free time with you starting now. I love you so much and I promise you that Will is just my co-worker, and that I will help you find a job. I love you flower, and nothing can change that."

"I love you too, Newt."

We cry on the couch together for the rest of the night, as we talk about how we feel and apologise to each other over and over. But we eventually fall asleep, holding each other.

Heyyyyyyhhhh
Ahhh, I'm sooo tired. It's 1:00 AM right now, but I hope you guys like this, and I know it's different, so maybe it's better than most? Definitely alot more dialogue and emotions, sooooo--- *dies of sleep deprivation*
Much love
~Tim💖