~3~

Hi my lovelies I'm bored so I'm writing this chapter and avoiding homework so...yeah enjoy I guess or if not my story go enjoy another one just have fun

Trigger Warning
-Inappropriate language
-Near anxiety attack

Virgil's POV
Not this dream again.

I've been having this dream constantly. I'm at the peer near a string of shops. I'm with C...Carmen? Yeah it's definitely her. We're walking when all of a sudden she has this strange look on her face. It's always a look mixed with shock and fear. I look forward but all I ever see is the figure of a human I believe with glasses?  Next to him seems to be a some green colored blob floating there. Then Carmen says the same thing she always does in this dream, "impossible. Another of our species hasn't been here since...since", and then the dream turns into nothing but black. There is nothing until Carmen pops up screaming in agony holding both hands to her head. Her wings began to turn to dust and tears fill my eyes. I always try to run to her and call her name but every time I do she looks up and her eyes turn completely black. Some shadow then appears pulling her down into nothingness with her screaming at me to help her. I know it's a dream...I know it is...it has to be...it always is but...my heart pumped and my head ached. I fell to my knees shaking. I always panic at this part. "It's a dream just a dream god please just wake up, WAKE UP"!!!! I screamed at myself, I hated this. "Carmen...CARMEN PLEASE COME BACK TO ME"!! Then the final stage of the dream I feel my tether to my qwoni begin to break and just before I stop feeling her completely I wake up

I shot up breathing heavily and in a cold sweat. I couldn't catch my breath and my chest tightened. I immediately look up to check if Carmen was still there...still with me. I see her rushing up and over to me. She was now by my bed trying to help me but I couldn't hear her, I couldn't hear anything. If I didn't do something I was going to have a panic attack or worse...lose control.

Just before I stopped seeing all together I saw Carmen's fingertips glow just as they did at the tattoo parlor. Her eyes were full of tears and she was clearly scared for me. It's not the first time I've woken up this way but it still amazes me how she always reacts the same. She placed her fingers on the temples of my head and I began to calm.

Soon my head rested under her chin and she was comforting me. I could finally breathe and my hearing returned. "Car...Carmen", I said signaling that I'm ok. She closed her eyes and exhaled clearly relieved I'm ok. She released me and sat on my bed.

"Vi are you alright and be honest", she said seriously. I gave her a smile, "yeah I'm good now thank you Car". She again exhaled and grinned mostly at herself. It broke my heart to see it but her grin faded and spoke looking down, "it was the dream again wasn't it"?

Logan's POV
Absurd...this dream is absolutely absurd

This dream has been repeated for awhile now. I am simply looking into a store window when River says that we should descent down the peer. I oblige, looking away from the window and making my way down the peer alongside River. After approximately 1 minute River abruptly stops looking northern. Noticing his change in demeanor I follow his gaze to a dark figure near a pinkish blurry orb like thing. River then takes one step forward and mutters, "I knew it...we aren't the only ones". I want to respond but as soon as I open my mouth everything turns black. Blue lightning zaps around me. It looks as if the world is breaking apart into a daze of purple light. Then like per usual a white light flashes. River? He is on his knees looking upward his eyes were entirely white and his skin looked cracked with black light emerging from each line. At the spot where his wings should have been placed it looked like they had been torn out. The cracks crept up to surround his eyes as they began to expand. I attempted to aid him but my legs were trapped to the ground. I screamed his name multiple times trying to get his attention, trying to do anything. He then looks directly into my eyes his still being white. I saw a slight smile and tears flowed down his face before his body began to fade into nothing but dust. He was gone and left behind only the memories I had of him. My eyes stung and my heart seemed to...to hurt. What the hell is happening what is this? I looked up again trying to make sense of it all and get River back. Then my dream ends as it always does with me letting one tear slip from my eye and feeling River slip from our connection.

I swiftly sat up doing my best to make no noise. I was breathing rather heavy and there were beads of sweat above my eyebrows. I looked down grabbing the bridge of my nose. It was simply a dream. River is fine and so am I. I know this. I knew he was there. He had to be yet my body prevented me from looking up to ensure this. Are my hands...shaking? "Logi"? The second I heard his voice the shaking abruptly stopped and I could move again. I let go of the breathe I didn't know I was holding as I looked up. River sat up and stood close to his own bed. "Are you ok", he said clearly afraid.

With most qwonis and their masters they have an equal relationship or one where the qwoni over helps their master. Even with simple tasks such as just brushing their teeth but with River and I it's different. Yes River is intelligent and hard working but he is also like a child. He doesn't talk much and only ever wants to be with me. There isn't much he can do being in the mortal realm but he does far less than what he's able. I've always taken care of him in ways that other masters assumingely do not. It is common and likely for a qwoni to be the same as their master and although he matches my intelligence when it comes to work he acts like a 6 year old with everything else. For example calling me Logi, not that I mind, coloring pictures, making little jokes, and crying at things most adults would not. He's always needed more attention than other qwonis who can mostly keep care of themselves. He tries to keep his emotions in check to keep me comfortable like kids do with their parents but sometimes can't. It is rather strange and I desire to find out more on whether or not there is anyone else with a qwoni who is not completely similar to them but unfortunately it is impossible.

I patted on the space next to me on the bed signaling him to come sit down. He did so giving me a hug from the side and placing his head on my chest. "Don't concern yourself I'm perfectly adequate", I said trying to reassure him. He released me with a doubtful look. His eyes were filled with fear yet understanding. He looked down and fiddled with his fingers, "it was that awful dream again wasn't it"?

Ok so I want to clear this up Logan does have a hard time comprehending feelings and does not feel them towards anyone (yet) besides River. River and Carmen sort of make up in what Virgil and Logan are lacking.
Although Carmen is shy and can be anxious around people like Virgil she knows how to be confident when needed and is a quick thinker in anxious situations and although River is very intelligent like Logan he can over feel emotions and kinda slowly teaches Logan more about them. Them compensating for their faults is quite uncommon in qwonis.

Goodbye now my lovelies and make sure to smile :)