~6~

Hi my lovelies, so it's been awhile (I know I know) I hope anyone and everyone who reads this (and everyone who doesn't) is doing well. I'm sure everyone knows about the virus and all the chaos caused by it. Since everything is going crazy and I have the time now I thought I'd add a little to this. I also read the comments from the last chapters and let me just say I love love love it when people comment so please continue to do so.

Trigger Warning:
- Inappropriate Language
- Slight mention of death and killing

Virgil's POV
Carmen softly pulled me along. I was confused and angry that I didn't have a clue on what's going on. The man and his qwoni stayed a reasonable distance away. Honestly if I were them I'd do the same. Carmen is visually tense and prepared to fight, if needed, to get out of this.

Soon after a small uncomfortable walk in silence we reached the old park. She guided me to a bench under a willow tree. Letting go she signaled me to sit. She placed her hand on my shoulder gripping slightly onto my jacket. Carmen was clearly not taking any chances. The two strangers sat down on the other side seemingly understanding if this was going to happen it was going to happen on her terms. For a second I caught the eyes of this man causing me to look down immediately. I hate this more than anything. Goddamn why is this happening?! Why now?!

After a few minutes of terrible silence the qwoni who looked like he was going to implode finally spoke. "You're from the Beta garden aren't you", he questioned? I looked over at Carmen who looked shocked at the question. She looked down as though it was something to be ashamed of before nodding. "I...I can't believe it the beta garden was...you know", he said. Carmen's grip tightened and her jaw visibly clenched.

"How are you here", the qwoni sounded as though it was impossible for Carmen to exist in the first place let alone be here. I looked into her eyes almost entirely covered by her hair. Whatever he was talking about is a sensitive subject. One that she clearly doesn't want to talk about.

"I'm here because I am. How did you know anyways", Carmen muttered not taking her gaze off the ground. "You...your wings", he stuttered. "Right of course", she said as if it was stupid of her to ask in the first place.

"You are clearly from the Golden Garden", she said finally looking up.
"Yes I am", he replied.
"What is such a high class qwoni doing on this planet let alone in this realm", she questioned? High class? What does that mean? I wasn't in my home realm for very long before I was sent here so I don't know nearly as much as I should. What's a garden? Are qwonis ranked differently? What do their wings have to do with it?

Logan's POV
I quietly followed behind the qwoni and her master. It's smart to be a fair distance away when facing an unknown potential threat. We finally reached the destination of which Carmen spoke of. She lead her master to a bench that was placed under a golden weeping willow tree. Sitting him down while she remained standing. She's clearly alert. At this present time the safest path is to just follow what she says without complaint.

Approximately three point five minutes had passed of nothing but silence when River finally spoke saying something about a garden. They continued a conversation causing me to be filled with questions. Me? Questions? I don't like this. Why don't I know about any of this? I know everything. I could feel my anger rising which would presumably only result in a worsened situation. I need to remain calm. The qwoni questioned River, just mentioning that he was a high class? What did that mean? I should know this but...

Whatever the case it looked as though he was embarrassed by the posed question. Why? "W...well...um...I...", River stuttered before pointing to me with a nervous smile. The male looked surprised at the fact that the cause of River's presence was me. Strange. Does he not know of the rules?

River's POV
I can't believe it! She's really from the beta garden! It...it's impossible! If she's here does that mean there are other...survivors? I have so many questions!

"What is such a high class qwoni doing on this planet let alone in this realm", the qwoni questioned me. I blushed a bit looking at the table. "W...well...um...I...", I stammered before just pointing over to Logi. I glanced over to the qwoni who looked very surprised to say the least. "Wait if that's the case that would mean he's...and that they...but what the hell could this man have done to get a golden class banished"?!, Carmen yelled. I blushed again from embarrassment. That's a story that's for sure.

Virgil's POV
"Ok ok I'm going to need you both to stop and explain before my brain explodes!!", I shouted. "What the hell is a garden"
"What are the rankings"
"What do wings have to do with it"
"Why is it so impossible that Carmen is alive"
"Why is it so unbelievable that these two are banished"
"How were they banished"
"Who banished them"
"Is this guy like me"
"Why-", I felt Carmen's hand previously placed on my shoulder squeeze me. I look over to her giving me a small smile that was meant to try to calm me. Ugh fuck I can't calm down! Not now!

"It's kinda a long story. Like a really long story", the qwoni across from us stated with a vague smile. "One that we can't and will not be telling", Carmen said looking to the ground. Silence.

God I hate silence. No I hate awkward silence. I can't handle this! So many questions, no trust, and too much tension. This is all just so much and I don't understand any of it. Damnit to hell!!!

Logan's POV
Once again another elongated silence. It seemed as though whatever had happened to the culture of our qwoni's home is not an easily talked about subject. At the very least not in a truthful setting. Sighs. I must figure this out.

"Ahem. I suppose I could provide some exposition as to why I'm here", I put simply. The qwoni named Carmen clenched her fists biting her bottom lip while the man stared at the table with shaking hands. I glanced to River who looked at the strangers with worried eyes. I could tell he wanted to help but knew better.
We waited.

Eventually the qwoni reluctantly sat down. "Fine", she stated crossing her arms and focusing her view to the right side of her. The male took a breath before crossing his arms as well as looking to his left side.
"Well spit it out?", he said continuing his view to the left.

I sighed. "Firstly my name is Logan Stone. I'm sure you both have some sort of, if even just a bit, of knowledge of the Council from hell", I stated. "All I know is that they're a bunch of important and entitled assholes who had a say or two in sending me here", the young man stated with an agitated voice.

"I suppose that could be considered a correct response", I said with an eyebrow raise. "Well I found myself being banished here alongside my qwoni, River after I...after I killed the top member of their ranks"

Gosh that's...that's...well bye!!👋🏼