The Green Blob

We stepped off the turbolift and entered the Bridge. Geordi hurried out of my chair and nodded at me. Sitting down, Riker and I looked expectantly at Geordi.
          "Sir, Wesley found something very interesting," Geordi explained, but I stopped him. Glancing at Riker, he also seemed surprised. We both looked at the Helm and Wesley spun his chair around to face us.
          "Sir, let me explain..." Wesley pleaded.
          "Please do Wesley. I am very interested why you disobeyed Number One and my direct orders?" I reprimanded, glaring at him.
          "I did as you instructed, Sir. I went into my quarters to study, but as I was thinking of an answer, my eyes gazed out the window. I noticed a radiant light straight ahead. I thought it might be dangerous, so I alerted Geordi, and he asked me to report to the Bridge immediately. That's when we found this unusual energy object." Wesley defended, glancing between Riker and me.
          "I'm sorry Sir. I was not aware of your previous order." Geordi informed, standing beside Wesley.
          "On screen. I want to see this unusual object." I inquired, staring at the view screen. Suddenly, as Wesley and Geordi returned to their seats, a blob of viridescent color appeared. Sparkling as though someone blew glitter through it, the giant energy object traveled before us at warp speed.
          "Sensors read no life-forms of any kind. No readings of matter. Energy only. It's nothing but solid, considerable, energy. It continually changes patterns too, Sir." Lieutenant Worf briefed. I glanced at Riker and raised a brow.
          "Come to a complete stop." I directed, standing up beside Riker. The blob halted with us.                  "Try going around it," I ordered, squinting my eyes to concentrate. As the Enterprise tried to round the edge, the blob extended, blocking us from getting around. Looking down at me, Riker furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms.
          "We don't have time for this. We need to get Counselor Troi and Lieutenant Worf to Starbase 179 for their special assignment." Riker advised, suggesting only one option. I nodded my head and exhaled.
          "Well...take us through this-" I glanced at Riker, "...thing. Whatever it is. Increase the Warp speed to go through it and we can still reach Starbase 179 on schedule." I ordered, raising a brow. 
          "Aye Sir. Set course now." Wesley obeyed.
          As we passed through it, vibrant green surrounded us for a while.
          After a couple of minutes, Wesley spun around to face us. "We are through it, Sir." Wesley declared. I sat down beside Riker.
          "Put it on the View screen," Riker suggested, placing his arms on the armrests. I nodded.
          "Sir, sensors aren't picking it up. It's almost as if it vanished." Wesley reported, confusion laced his voice.
          "He is right, Sir. It's gone." Worf supported, looking down at me. I furrowed my brows.
          "Check if it boarded the Ship," I mumbled, but loud enough for Worf to hear.
          After a second, Worf shook his head. "No Sir. Nothing is abnormal onboard."
          Glancing at Riker, I squeezed my chair.
          "I don't like this, but we have to keep on. Return to Warp 5. Geordi, you have the Bridge. Let me know if there are any more problems. And Wesley, return to your studies. Let's go back to Ten-Forward Number One." I ordered everyone, and Riker and I entered the turbolift.
          "All right, now that we are all here again, Starfleet has ordered the Captain of every ship to spend time getting to know all new, important, crew members." I began, resting comfortably in a special chair Guinan provided next to Data. "Since we have a new Doctor, a new Security Lieutenant, etc, this meeting is required. The meeting is to help you understand how we operate better, in case we come into a situation where you would need to act quickly, and smartly. Now-"
          "Dr. Presley is required in Sick Bay. Captain, you might want to see this too." One of the nurses from Sick Bay announced. Dr. glanced at me for permission.
          "Go ahead. We are right behind you." I consented, extended my arm out, motioning for her to go first.
          "Thank you, Captain." She nodded, tapping her communicator. "On our way." She confirmed, heading out of Ten-Forward. Commander Riker, Data, and I followed her into the turbolift.

Amber

          With the Captain, First Officer, and Lieutenant Commander tailing behind me, we marched into Sick Bay.

          "What's going on Nurse?" I asked as we rounded the corner.