Explanations

"Okay. This disease is commonly referred to as the 'Gimme' disease, though there have only been four known people to contract it. How it spreads, we only have a theory. As you can tell, we know very little of this disease. The first two of the four people died within three hours, so apparently, that's how long we have to diagnose and prescribe. The disease takes over your body, acting as though nothing is wrong with you, other than slight sweatiness, and not being able to walk correctly. 
Our theory of contraction is quite scary. All you have to do is to touch someone who has the disease or touch something that they have touched around 25 seconds before. The reason for that is the disease takes over your brain and eats its tissue, so if it is contracted by touch, and if someone touches a chair, for example, the disease will realize the chair is not a living thing and therefore die since it has nothing to feed on." I paused to give everyone a chance to comprehend what I was saying. "Some believe this disease is not just simply a disease, but a life form. 'Gimme' takes over your body and it uses you to take control. The longer it stays in you, the more things of value it wants. Gimme hasn't found out how to take control in the beginning, that's why the human wants something simple at first. The third person who contracted it almost survived, but right as they figured the medicine out, he died. The fourth person was the almost the same, but just as he was about to die, he somehow snapped out of it and lived. He does remember everything at the time of infection but could provide us with no useful information. If you wait too long, the whole three hours, to give the person what they want, the virus will come out, killing the person it was in. It does have a cure, but only starbase 79 has the file. We studied it very briefly in medical school, but my teacher believed it to be only a story, a fable. But we do have records of it, so I don't know why she skipped it, ignored it! It baffled my mind but back to the point. Dr. Crusher has access to the file and could share the diagnosis with me." I ended, taking in a deep breath.
The Captain and Riker shared a look, then Riker glanced at me. "Doctor," He began, staring at me through his cobalt blue orbs. "Starbase 79 is currently undertaking repairs to the whole base. They can only communicate within a very short distance. We are too far away to communicate. You can't remember anything, about this disease?" He asked, emphasizing 'anything.' I glanced at the ceiling, searching my brain for a cure as I crossed my arms.
"I'm sorry Commander. As I said, my professor didn't assign us to study it. She told us the cure was too simple for the disease to be true and didn't actually explain the cure. My friend and I looked into it after class and created a theory, but I just can't remember it. I'm sorry. I hope we killed it so I won't need to remember, Sir." I shook my head as I spoke, staring back at Riker.
He nodded. "Me too." He returned his gaze to the Captain. "Sir?"'
The Captain pursed his lips, staring at a random spot on the table. Pulling down the top of his uniform, Captain Picard averted his eyes to connect to mine, folding his hands on the table.
"I need you to study this disease as much as possible just in case it is still lingering around the ship. Figure out where and when it started, and where it came from. Examine the Nurse and the first patient. See what they remember. Counselor, try to help the doctor. Dismissed." He ordered, sliding out of his chair as everyone exited except Riker and Wesley.

Wesley

Doctor Presley and Counselor Troi headed to Sick Bay to research the Disease. I glanced at the clock as Geordi, Worf, and Data followed the Captain.
7:57 PM.
As I turned to ask Commander Riker a question, I noticed sweat beads slip down the side of his face. Running a hand through his hair, he staggered towards the door.
"Commander Riker?" I asked, taking a step towards him. Worry spread through my brain. He stumbled across the purple chairs, leaning on them to steady his self to the door. Suddenly, as if something snapped in him, he stood up straight, pulled down the bottom of his uniform, and glanced at me. Furrowing his brows, he scanned me. "Are you okay Commander?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. He cleared his throat.
"Yeah. I'm fine. You don't happen to have a cool rag do you?"
I gulped. "No Sir, but I could get one right away-" Riker's growl cut me off.
"Worthless kid..." He muttered before exiting the conference room.

My brows shot up. "Excuse me-"

"Shut up Wesley." The Commander ordered.

With my mouth hanging open, I followed him out as he walked straight through the Bridge, appearing to head to the Turbolift.
"Number one, have Dr. Presley report to my quarters at 0800 hours," Captain requested, resting in his chair as Riker passed him. I waited in front of the conference room door to see what would happen. This doesn't seem like him. I thought.
"Nah." Riker chuckled, throwing his head back as he laughed. His body kept walking forward to the Turbolift.
"What?!" Picard scoffed, standing back up. I sprinted to the Captains side. Glancing at me, Captain strode to Riker, but the Turbolift door closed, causing the Captain to stop. Whirling around, Captain stared at everyone, expecting an answer. 
"Sir," I stepped forward. "After everyone left, the Commander began to sweat extensively, he stumbled on the chairs, then stopped as if something snapped in him. He then asked me for a cool rag and when I told him I didn't have one, he called me a 'Worthless Kid,' and then told me to shut up."
"Really?" Captain 'hmphed,' glancing at Geordi.
Geordi shook his head. "Sounds like he's got it, Sir."
Captain nodded.
"Computer, locate Commander Riker." Captain Picard said, staring into space as he waited for a reply.
"Commander Riker is entering Ten-Forward."
A wave of panic swept across everyone's face other than Data and Captain. Nodding his head, Captain Picard rolled his eyes.
"Of course where else would the disease take him?" He mumbled as he tapped his insignia. "Captain Picard to Guinan, evacuate everyone from Ten-Forward. Tell them to steer clear from Commander Riker. Try to keep the Commander there, but do NOT touch him, do you understand?"
"Acknowledged Sir. Guinan out." Guinan responded.
"Captain to Dr. Presley, report to the Bridge."
I took my place at the conn.
"Aye Sir," Dr. Presley replied.
Captain Picard sighed from behind me. "Bring us to a full stop Ensign." I nodded.
"Aye Sir."