~2~

Your POV

"Caitlin?"

"Hmm?"

"How much do you know about Cisco's-" you choose your words carefully, since you're not exactly sure what Cisco's powers do, exactly. "-abilities?"

Caitlin turns in her chair.

"You mean his vibes?"

You nod.

"Well," Caitlin begins, and you prepare yourself for another long-winded scientific speech, "- to be honest, we don't know all that much. The bulk of what we know comes from other Earths like Earth-19, and even then we don't know how much of it applies to Cisco, since his environment and experiences are so different than that of Gypsy's or Breacher's. The rest is just based off what Cisco's told us."

"So, basically, you don't know," you say, cocking an eyebrow and scowling at her.

"Not entirely," Caitlin admits. "But I've got the files if you want to take a look at them."

You scoff, a smile playing on your lips.

"Cait, you know I won't understand a word of any of those files. Can you please just give me the highlights?"

Caitlin raises an eyebrow.

"Why don't you just ask Cisco?"

"I can't," you reply. "He's been acting... strange."

Now Caitlin's interested.

"How strange?"

"He'll touch me... and then he'll freeze. It's like he's looking right through me. Then when I bring it up, he - - Cait?"

The bioengineer's eyes had gone wide, her face wild with alarm.

"Caitlin?"

"He vibed you," she says.

"And that means what again?"

"He saw something when he touched you. Something from your past, or even from your future."

Suddenly, you're the one who's panicked. What could Cisco have possibly seen that would've rattled him like this?

"Is there any way to know what he saw?" you ask frantically.

Caitlin shakes her head.

"There's no way of knowing for sure unless you ask."

You search her face, hoping to find a sliver of hope hidden in her grim frown.

"What if he saw something bad?"

"There's only one way to find out," Caitlin says.

You turn to leave, but you stop in the middle of the doorway.

"Did he ever-" you hesitate, not sure what answer you want to hear, "-vibe you?"

Caitlin nods solemnly.

"He vibed me as Killer Frost. He didn't tell me until I practically dragged it out of him. But I'm sure he'd be just as distant even if what he saw wasn't necessarily bad." she reasons, trying to ease your mind. You appreciate the effort.

"I don't know Cait," you say, "I just don't know."