~5~

"Wow," Y/N says.

Is that a good wow, or a bad wow? Cisco asks himself anxiously. Did she enjoy seeing that as much as he did? Or was she super freaked out and seconds away from accusing him this was all some kind of mind game?

Well, at least she's not running away screaming.

"That was..."

"Crazy." Cisco completes her sentence. "I know. It's really trippy the first couple of times, but once you get used to it..."

"That's not what I meant."

Cisco gulped.

"Listen, Y/N/N..."

"That little girl..." she says, still staring off into the distance. "She's our daughter?"

"Yeah."

"Did you know?"

Cisco chuckles in spite of himself.

"I had a feeling."

"Holly," she says to herself, like she's testing how the name feels on her tongue.

"She's beautiful."

Awed, Y/N continues to gaze forward, as if she is replaying the moment they just saw on an invisible screen.

Cisco turns to look at her. Adoration of a little girl who doesn't even exist yet makes her face glow, her bright eyes sparkling with joy and warmth. He admires her, lets his head fill with thoughts of her and him and them together. He imagines showing her more, showing her that she deserves to be loved, through vibes and words and touches and through time. He imagines showing her their wedding and Holly's birth.

"She's only so beautiful because of you," Cisco mutters under his breath, but somehow Y/N hears him.

"She's got your eyes," Y/N replies pointedly, stepping closer to Cisco with a hand on her hip.

"But your skin." he counters, taking a step toward her just as she did to him.

"And your hair."

Another step.

Cisco blushes faintly and runs his fingers through his black curls.

"But your laugh."

Another step.

"Your smile."

Another step.

"She's got your nose," Cisco says, close enough to Y/N to brush the bridge of her nose with the back of his hand. Where his touch lingers, a pink blush appears, and soon it spreads to her cheeks, making her seem like she just stepped inside after a winter walk.

Abruptly, almost urgently, Cisco grabs both her hands in his.

For a moment, he can see the surprise in her eyes, but it's quickly replaced by something else he can't quite name.

"Wow," she whispers again. "Can you believe it?"

Cisco shakes his head with a chuckle. He squeezes her hands hopefully.

"We make a person," he whispers back, just as awed as she is. They touch their noses together and laugh softly.

"Hey Y/N/N?"

"Hmm?"

"I have a feeling this is going to be a long-term project."

She smiles and drapes her arms around Cisco's neck.

"The longer, the better."