~4~

A/N: Quick story: I almost lost this entire part because I clicked paste instead of copy on Notes and nearly gave myself a heart attack. I kept trying to paste to see if I could get the part I replaced back, but I finally figured out how to undo actions and after I did that a couple dozen times, it came back! Yay!

Anyway, here you go...
~~~~~~~
Your POV

The jarring flashes of blue and the eerie scratching sounds in your ears startle you. Surprisingly, Cisco doesn't seem entirely comfortable with the sensation either, though you know he must have experienced it countless times. He stiffens beside you.

Another screech pierces the air, and the vibe begins.

In an instant, a scene flashes to life before your eyes. You're in the middle of a cozy bedroom illuminated by the light of morning. You and Cisco are only a few steps from the bed. Its thin white sheets blanket a sleeping figure on the left side but yawn emptily on the other, twisted and wrinkled.

"What is this?" you whisper, more to yourself than to Cisco, who seems to be equally transfixed by what you're both seeing.

You hear footsteps. A little girl, about four or five, pokes her head in the doorway, then, satisfied with what she finds, scurries into the room. Her curly black locks bounce as she giggles from behind her hand.

Scrunching her face in concentration, the girl hauls herself up onto the bed and sits on top of the sleeping figure. She bounces on the person's back, giggling all the while as her small hands shake their shoulders.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" she chants, continuing to bounce. The figure beneath the sheets shifts and groans, still hoping to hang on to sleep, but the girl's constant yelling and shaking make that impossible.

The man opens his eyes reluctantly, and you gasp. You know those eyes.

Cisco, an older Cisco, his chocolate brown eyes only half-open, is right in front of you, combing a hand through his curly black hair absentmindedly as he shakes his head at his daughter.

You have a thousand questions, but your mouth can't seem to form the words to ask them.

"Tesorita..." Cisco whines, his voice raw with sleep, "Five more minutes.."

"Nuh uh!" the little girl exclaims stubbornly, crossing her arms. "I'll be gwon up by then!"

"No, you won't."

"Yes I will!" she insists and continues bouncing and giggling.

"Holly..." says a musical voice from the doorway.

Your jaw drops.

It's you.

An older you, obviously, but you nonetheless. There's no mistaking it. You're standing in the doorway, wearing a shirt that says, "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" and plaid pajama pants that obviously aren't yours. You put a hand on your hip, pretending to be stern.

"Holly," you say again, walking into the room and scooping up the little girl in your arms. "Don't bother Daddy right now, okay? He had a big night last night."

Holly's face lights up.

"Yeah! Fighting bad guys, right Daddy?"

Cisco nods, nestling himself back under the sheets. Holly doesn't seem to notice.

"But Daddy's a superhero! Superheroes don't get tired!" Holly insists.

"Yes, they do baby."

"Uncle Barry doesn't get tired."

"Okay, that's it!" yells the lump beneath the covers. Cisco rises like a tidal wave, grabbing Holly from your arms. He playfully sets her down on the bed, then tickles her and blows raspberries on her skin. His daughter screeches and wriggles, fighting to escape his grasp.

"You'll- never- defeat - me!" she gasps. "I- have- your- secret- weapon!"

"Really? And what is that?"

"Mommy!"

You wink at Cisco.

"Oh no! I've been captured!" you cry, putting the back of your hand to your forehead as if you're about to faint. "Please Vibe, save me from this cruel villainess!"

"I've got you, princesa!"

Cisco grabs your hand and pulls you closer, and the scene ends with another blue flash and the sound of fading laughter.