~3~

Warning: Slight panic/anxiety attack

Cisco's POV

He's figured it out.

The sheer adrenaline of his revelation sends Cisco sprinting back inside. He's a crazed combination of elated, panicked, and bewildered. If what he thinks he saw really was what he saw, he's got to tell somebody. Anybody.

Cisco continues running down the hallway, too lost in his own thoughts to even notice someone approaching him from the other end of the hallway. Too lost to hear the click-clack of heels on tile, the frustrated exhales through the nose, too lost to notice the figure's clenched fists and rigid, determined way of walking.

Too lost, that is, until he bumps straight into the one person he had both been hoping and dreading bumping into.

Y/N.

She looked pissed. Really pissed. He knows it has to be because of earlier, and he doesn't really blame her for being so angry.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't scare the living hell out of him.

"Y/N!" Cisco says, his voice an octave higher than usual.

"Cisco," she says, eyes narrowing. Not a good sign.

"Listen, I-"

"I don't want to hear it," Y/N interrupts, raising a hand to silence him.

"I know you vibed me, Cisco."

"What...?" Cisco says with a scoff, his voice high again. He grabs the back of his neck with a hand nonchalantly, but the panicked look in his eyes tells her everything she needs to know.

"Cisco..." she growls.

He can only stand her glare for so long before he caves.

"Fine! I vibed you!"

"What did you see?" she asks, and Cisco is surprised to hear a note of fear in her voice.

Not thinking, he grabs her shoulder and looks her in the eyes. But this only seems to upset her more.

She twists out of his grasp.

"Don't! I don't want you to see it again if it's making you scared, or worried, or if it's something bad-"

Cisco grabs her again, this time by her arm.

"Y/N, I'm not vibing you right now. Calm down."

Her gaze wanders from Cisco's hand on her arm to his eyes and back again. Cisco waits patiently until she focuses on his face, slightly calmer.

"What did you see?" she repeats, no less scared for the answer.

"I can show you," he says, an inspired grin splitting his face. He looks exactly like he does when he has an idea for some gadget or a solution to a problem that seems hopeless.

His enthusiasm intrigues her.

It can't possibly be that bad if he's smiling, right? People don't smile like that when they're delivering bad news, do they?

No one smiles like that, she corrects herself, blushing slightly.

No! Bad girl! she scolds internally. We can't think about that right now. We need to figure out what he saw-

"Y/N?" Cisco says, but she might as well be at the bottom of the ocean and he on the shore. Her worries drown out his voice, spinning through her head, each one vying for her attention.

What if he saw something embarrassing? Something dumb I did? What if, what if, what if...

"Y/N!" Cisco calls out, grabbing her hands and turning her to face him. "Y/N! It's okay! I'm right here!"

She squeezes his hands in reply. Gradually, she regains control, breathing in and out, in and out.

"I'm sorry," she says with an apologetic smile. "I panicked. I thought maybe you might've seen-" she gestures wildly, indicating anything and everything he could see that would worry her.

He chuckles softly in reply.

What could she have done that was embarrassing? She's perfect.

Cisco pushes his musings to the back of his mind, knowing that the one thing Y/N hated more than worrying was suspense.

He offers her his hand.

"Ready?"

She takes it uncertainly.

"Ready."