2x11 Part 2✔️

We're only getting older, baby
And I've been thinking about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes?

- Night Changes, One Direction

*****

After Ash's confession, the two girls fall into silence, both realizing that this could be the very last time they ever work together on something like this.

And because they had both adapted to the silence, when Clarke comes crashing in, they both jump three feet into the air.

Ash immediately stands at the defeat—the horror—in Clarke's unusually dull eyes. Worry lines are already on the blonde's head and Ash doesn't even need to look to know she looks similar. "We're too late. They're already breeding them," Clarke says.

Ash gasps in horror, images of the people she had been sent down to this planet hanging upside down, blood draining out of their shaking in fear bodies.

She feels like she was going to throw up.

"It's over," Clarke finishes in nothing more than a mumble.

Raven snaps before Ash even process the words Clarke speaks, "You don't get to give up, Clarke. You killed Finn, and we didn't give up. We're building a damn tone generator, do your job."

"What is my job?" Clarke snips back, something like desperation for the answer in her voice.

Ash opens her mouth to answer with what she told Clarke's mother roughly three hours ago, but a noise from the radio cuts her off.

A crackle, so quiet that Ash jumps over her stool to turn the volume up.

"Camp Jaha, this is Mount Weather. Does anyone read me?"

Ash almost falls to the ground in relief hearing Bellamy's voice.

With Ash too busy trying to keep the sobs threatening to escape her mouth at bay, Clarke grabs the radio. "Bellamy?"

'Clarke?'

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Is Ash there?"

Ash grabs the radio, clearing her throat to try and sound composed. "I'm here, Bell. I'm here. You did it."

The relief in his voice is audible, a sigh of relief falling out of his lips as he replies. "I did. But that's it for the good news. We have to talk fast. Something has changed. Jasper, Monty, everyone is locked in the dorm room."

"But they're alive?" Clarke asks from next to Ash. "All of them?"

"I think so. For now, anyway. Maya says they're already using their blood. Things will get ugly in here real fast."

"Maya's with you?" Clarke asks timidly.

"She helped me escape. If not for her, I'd be dead."

She has no clue who Maya is, but if she saved Bellamy—and Clarke's too, based on her face— lives, she's already Ash's friend.

"Clarke, there are kids here," Bellamy continues. "We need a plan that doesn't kill everyone. Please tell me you have one."

Raven, Clarke, and Ash share glances, no plan had been made beyond the point of Bellamy getting in.

"We hear you. But we can't do anything until you disable the acid fog. Raven will help you," Clarke tells Bellamy with a nod of confirmation from Raven.