Tom's Other Diary

Tom had two diaries.

One a Horcrux, the other... Some sort of horror book which he wrote down all the unspeakable things he wanted to do to me.

This was the absolute last thing I wanted to find out while on a mission to save Daniel. I just stood there frozen in place only thinking to move once Tom stood up from his armchair and made his way to the stairs. I was so scared when he passed me that I sucked in a breath, and to my absolute horror didn't realise I had gasped out loud. Tom froze for a single moment, and for one paralysing moment I thought he heard me. But just as the thought hit he had already walked past and had up the stairs to his room. I had to follow him. I couldn't go back to the present yet. I had to find this damned diary. I had to steal it.

Was it wrong to steal something that belonged to Tom?

Of course not! Just think about what it could contain!

I almost tripped over Harry's cloak walking up the stairs. I was surprised I didn't just fall on my face. It was in situations like this all personal coordination flew out the door, I was surprised that I even made it back to Tom's room in one piece. I stepped inside tentatively, hating myself for coming back to the lions den. Tom was only mere feet in front of me searching his room like a F.B.I agent scouring for drugs.

I couldn't help but think what he would do if I realised I was standing in his room with him right now. He'd probably curse me to death. He hated when I defied him. I couldn't for the life of me understand why he wasn't raging about Daniel not being where he was meant to be, trapped in his basement room. I watched as Tom pulled a loose floorboard up, extracting a single leather bound diary. Without so much as a single glance he had carelessly thrown on his bed and walked over to his bookshelf. So he didn't lose the diary then. So why did he tell Xavier he couldn't find it? Confused, I watched as he walked over to his bookshelf and pulled a book forward causing that horrific black veiled door to materialise in the wall beside him. Shivers erupted down my spine. Too many awful things had happened down in that room, I felt squeamish.

Tom entered through the blackened doorway in the wall and I took the chance to quickly collect his diary and slip it underneath the invisibility cloak.

And that's when I heard Tom's scream of anguish from down in the hidden room. I heard something heavy being thrown against a wall and smashing. My heart started accelerating, angry Tom was not someone I wanted to be in the vicinity with. I quickly left the room and walked down the hall only stopping once I was in the shadows of the hall leading to my room.

This was bad. I waited in the shadows as Tom came out of his room, his mere energy was emanating rage and it was terrifying even just seeing him walking down the hall, fury etched on his fine features. He would've not only known Daniel was gone but he would've seen his diary missing too. I don't think I'd ever seen him like this before. It was beyond terrifying when he was angry, but this was much worse. He looked ready to kill. He walked past me, coming to lean against the railing to the staircase appearing to be deep in thought.

"Homenum revelio." He said. And suddenly I felt as though something swooping came over me. I felt a spark of adrenaline hit my veins as Tom turned to look at the exact spot where I was. Oh shit.

I was doomed.

I stepped backward very slowly, making sure my footsteps couldn't be heard. Tom approached, walking very slowly too most likely so he could hear something. Not that I was going to give anything away. I kept moving backward as he advanced, only stopping once I'd reached the end of the hall. It was a dead end.

Tom came even closer, his dark eyes scanning the air hungrily as though they could catch a sign of me. My heart was pounding so hard. I was certain this was it, that Tom was going to realise I was under the cloak.... I was trapped, and now he was standing even closer. Two steps away. I couldn't open a door, he would obviously see it. He reached out a hand towards me, his fingers mere inches from my face and-