Chapter 1.

Percy's Pov:

Annabeth is dead. There's really nothing else to it. My girlfriend's dead. And now, here I am cleaning out her fucking bunk, in her cabin, that still smells like her. The athena cabin has been a wreck since she died. I get out of there as fast as I can and head back to my cabin. Even camp seems different. The trees are dying, and we continuously get monster attacks. Why couldn't the war with gaea been the end. Nico pops up beside me.                                                                                                                "Hey." He sighs, in a tired voice. He's wearing a black hoodie, even though it's like 80 degrees, and as usual, he looks tired.                

"Hey."                                                    
Do you want help with that?" He asks, looking at the large box in my hands. Of course he doesn't really mean that he wants to help carry this piece of shit, It means that he feels bad because my soulmate is dead.I shake my head lightly. I wish the rest of the seven were here. But Pipers with Jason, Leos with calypso, franks with Hazel, and I'm here. With Nico of course, which helps, but is weird at times.

Finally after two months I'm here. After her funeral, I couldn't make myself come here. Finally though, I'm here. We get to my cabin, and that's when a hell hound breaks through the barrier.

"Shit." I mutter lightly. By the time we got to where the hell hound is there's a group of at least 30 demigods.  And then poof, it turns to dust.

"You better go and tell Chiron." I nod my head lightly. We walk down to the big house andI slowly open the door. We walk to Chiron's office, where's he's sitting writing in a journal. He looks up.

"What do I owe this pleasure to?" He sighs. Chiron hasn't been in the best shape either.

"Another hellhound broke through the barrier." Nico says scuffing his shoe on the wood.

"That's the 4th time in a month." He remarks, leaning back in his chair.

"Do you have any idea what's been causing it?" I ask. Chiron shakes his head lightly.

"There hasn't been a prophecy, Thalia's tree is healthy, it doesn't make sense." Nico states. No, it doesn't.

"On another note, Reyna's coming." Chiron says eager to change the subject. Is he hiding something?

"Why?" Nico asks.

"She's bringing in a demigod."

"Why didn't she take them to Camp Jupiter?"

"I'm not quite sure."

"Is it a girl or a boy?" Nico asks suddenly more interested.

"A girl. Probably 16 or 17." He scrunches his eyebrows and looks at the floor. He looks up and I make eye contact with him.

"What?" I ask. He shakes his head lightly.

"Nothing." He's lying. "I've got to go." He walks outside. Chiron looks at me.

"That was weird, right?" He asks. I nod my head. He motions for me to sit down. I lean my elbows against the desk. "I still think you should've gone to college."

"What's the point? She was the smart one, not me." I choke out. He sighs.

"Oh Percy. This is not what Annabeth would've wanted." He states. I'm afraid if I respond I'll break down.

"I'm not the only one that's a mess."

"But you're probably in the worst shape, out of everyone."

"Have you seen our border?" I snap.

"Don't push me away. It won't work. I've known you since you were 12."

"So did she." And then it happens. I break, and bury my head in my hands. Silent sobs run up and down my body.

"It'll get easier as time goes by." I shake my head. No it won't. Hot, sticky tears slither down my cheeks.

"I don't know what to do." I sob.

"Drinking isn't going to help you." I snap my head up and look at him.

"Did Nico tell you?"

"No, your father did."

"Of course he did. Am I in trouble?"

"I'm mad at you, but there's not like I can do anything about it. Your eighteen. If you were 15 it would be different." He's silent for a minute. "Maybe this girl that Reyna's bringing, will make things different."

"She's probably just another daughter of Hermès, or Aphrodite." I state.

"Dear gods, Percy have a little curiosity. It doesn't intrigue you at all that Reyna's personally bringing in a demigod?"

"Not really." I state. He nods his head lightly.

"Things are going to change Percy."

"How are you so sure?"

"The fates have there ways."

"I'm sure they do." I say as I walk out of his office, and onto the porch. I lean against the wall and grab a flask out of my coat pocket, and take a sip. It burns my throat as it goes down. It's cloudy and its probably raining in Manhattan. I wish I could go and see my mom, but she's taking care of my baby step sister, and probably doesn't have time for my drunken ass problems. I probably shouldn't get drunk at 11:30 in the morning, so I stop myself, and return the flask to my pocket.

I'm so done. What's the point anyway. I wish she was here. I'll see her in my peripheral vision, and I'll dream about her, and even though she's gone, her presence stays. And that presence is killing me. When will the fates ever let me have a break. I stumble down the steps, and start walking towards my cabin. I walk through the door and lay down on my messy bed. My cabins dark, and honestly I like it like that. Fuck it. I'm going to bed.