Chapter 2

Jungkook sat in his P.I office the following week, wracking his brain over case 110 once again.

It was midday and the daylight illuminated the small room brightly. The young male turned around in his chair, letting the sun spotlight him as he continued to assess what was slowly becoming his most challenging case yet.

He assessed all the evidence he collected over the past week again and again. But everytime he hit a new wall. Something would jump out and throw off him off.

He stood up and walked over to an organised display of hundreds of pictures tacked on a board with red thread connecting them all over, pinned in a mapped layout.

His eyes scanned over the images fixed in front of him. Everything was there, and yet no sense could be made of it.

He knew everything he needed to know about Kim Namjoon; a tall kid, college student, studied psychology at SNU, like Jimin. White-dyed hair, and around a few years older than Jungkook himself.

Everything the raven-haired man had on the kid led him to a drug involvement.

"Poor guy probably got mixed in with a gang." Jungkook thought to himself. It was the most reasonable explanation.

The only thing that doesn't correlate with that theory, is the information he was given by the police the day of his disappearance; in a national park, nothing but the boy's shoes were found, placed neatly side-by-side in the middle of a clearing. Yet there were no other footprints, no blood, clothing or a hint that anyone else was there. Only his shoes.

Jungkook leaned back, shifting his weight against the edge of the table. His pants riding up his legs slightly as he leaned his hips against the desk, half sitting on it. His mind was racing with thoughts about the missing person.

'Knock knock'
             'Knock knock'
                           'Knock knock'

The black-haired man shot his eyes at the door after hearing the sequence of knocks.

"It's open." Jungkook voiced across the room, waiting for the person to enter.

Tufts of brown hair peaked out from behind the door, followed by a pair of curious eyes and an innocent smile; Kim Taehyung.

He'd been friends with Taehyung since high school. And after going their seperate ways, they met up again when Jungkook dropped out of college and Taehyung was working a 9 to 5 boring office job as a financial advisor.

It didn't take long until they decided to open up their own venture together, the brown-haired boy kept things in order behind the scenes and Jungkook was the image of the partnership.

Best friends and business partners. It suited them.

"You've been holed up in here for so long I think I've forgotten what you look like." The older boy walked in, jabbing at his younger friend.

"I'm telling you, I'm gonna find out what happened to this kid. Eventually."

"Yeah, well can you do that while keeping an eye on the time?" Taehyung hinted.

The raven-haired looked down at the desk clock next to him;

4pm

"Already!" Jungkook raised his voice in surprise.

It was Friday afternoon and he was meant to pick up Jimin from his lectures. It had become a routine for Jungkook at some point. It started out when he drove him home from his evening lectures, and now it's a daily occurence, not that he's complaining to do so.