Chapter 3

It's been 3 weeks now since Jungkook took the missing persons case of Kim Namjoon, 4 weeks since he was last seen.

Over the past few days the private investigator had been collecting new information on the boy from various sources. According to SNU admin staff, his attendance to lectures was inconsistent. A few students on campus told Jungkook that they had seen him occasionally, but it was like no one was actively in contact with him.

A ghost on campus.

The raven-haired man considered asking Jimin for help, but he decided against getting him involved. And the older made it clear he didn't want to be dragged into the life of "chasing the bad guys".

The tall man paced his office quizzically.

"Kim Namjoon is attending SNU sporadically. And yet, no one has been able to locate him yet. What are the police even doing?!"

He processed his thoughts slowly.

Deep in thought, the crash of the door swinging open surprised him tremendously while a panicked Taehyung came running in hastily.

"Jungkook quick turn on the radio!"

All but confused, the younger didn't hesitate to do as his friend asked, surprised at his flustered enterance.

"-that the boy who went missing 4 weeks ago was spotted by CCTV near Gang-nam after an anonymous tip called in to the police." A female voice reported sternly over the radio.

Jungkook knew instantly who the report was talking about: Kim Namjoon.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me?!" Jungkook roared through the room.

The youth grabbed his jacket and started running down the hallway.

"-the hell are you going?" Taehyung attmepted to shout after him, hoping to stop him.

"Gang-nam." He replied in a dark tone before exiting through the door of the building and throwing the car in gear.

Jungkook had been chasing Kim Namjoon for 4 weeks. Four painful weeks of a mother without her child, 4 weeks in which he could've been killed, and yet now it's practically confirmed that he's alive and moving about freely.

Jungkook already had a hunch about where in Gang-nam to look; there was a drug den in one particular area there.

The black-haired man was still firm on his theory that the blonde kid was involved with a gang. Right now this was the only lead with any substantial evidence he had and quite possibly the best lead he could hope for.

He stepped down on the accelerator forcefully, his car racing as fast as his mind was.

If he's able to let himself be recorded by CCTV I can rule out a kidnapping. Jungkook thought to himself as he sped through the city toward Gang-nam.

______________

The young investigator parked his car and entered the store from where the CCTV footage came from, which was released with the radio report earlier.

He walked over to the cashier with a nametag that read "lee (in training)"

"Hello." Jungkook approached him politely.

"Hello. How can I help you?"

"My name is Jeon Jungkook. This store has released CCTV footage to the police for a reported missing person; Kim Namjoon. Can I see that?" Jungkook asked calmly.