Chapter 4

Drrr~ drrr~ drrr~

Jimin calling

Drrr~ drrr~ drrr~

It was probably the most impractical time for him to be calling right now, and yet it never even crossed Jungkook's mind to let it ring a third time before picking up.

"Hello?" He answered in a hoarse, out-of-breath voice.

"Jungkook? Hey, where are you? Are you on your way yet?" Jimin was irritated.

"On my way? No, where should I be-" The young man held his tongue as he remembered he was supposed to meet Jimin at his campus to pick him up.

"Ah, shit, yes. I just got in the car. I'll be right there, work's got me a bit out of breath today." He huffed, cluthing a hand over his bruised ribs as he said that.

"Right... well, whatever. Just get here quickly. And your out-of-breath voice is terrible, good thing you're not into acting." Jimin giggled over the line. A darling sound that Jungkook loved hearing.

"Oh, but hey on a serious note let's grab something to eat on the way home. I'm starving." The impatient student suggested.

"Yeah, sure." Jungkook replied, his exhausted mood lifting in milliseconds as he already fished for the car keys.

"My treat." The blonde invited before he hung up and the line went dead.

The cheery raven pulled away in his car, but gave one last glance at the purple dragon in his backview mirror, making sure no one was following behind him.

He smiled fondly at the thought of Jimin inviting him out to eat, as he made his way towards SNU.

He was undoubtedly worried about what Jimin would think when he sees him all beaten up and in the state he's in right now.

Would he be worried? Or angry? Maybe he'd even find it hot-

He cut his thoughts off sharply, shooting himself down for ever thinking that Jimin would be attracted to him with a busted lip.

He concentrated on the road while thinking of possible places to go out to eat with Jimin.

He likes the mini cakes from the cafè down the road from his campus, so maybe there-

"Agh! My head!" He yelped out loud.

The boy suddenly grabbed the back of his head in pain, the feeling from the prod of the gun earlier still nipping at the back of his skull.

The young raven brushed it off as a "good hit" from that henchman and didn't mind it further.

At least not until he blinked his eyes in quick succession and suddenly saw two stop signs swimming blurrily next to one another instead of just one. He couldn't see them very clearly at all.

What the hell?! Jungkook thought to himself as he rubbed his eyes. His current condition alarming him. Perhaps it wasn't simply a good hit as he had thought earlier.

He forgot about it again though as his vision returned to normal again shortly after and he found himself in the parking lot of SNU.