40 Epilogue - "Everything changed for me that night."

The end is here! I'm both happy and sad that we've come to the end of Hunter and Emilys story.

I appreciate every single one of you that have read, voted and commented, it really means a lot.

Thank you!

Emily's P.O.V

A small tear slips down my face as I watch the pine coffin being lowered in to the ground. Not because he died but because of everything we went through.

To be quite frank, I can't say I'll miss the bastard.

He deserves everything he got. I'm just sad at the fact my best friend now has to live the rest of her life knowing she was the one to pull the trigger.

When Tara first told us she was going to Nicks funeral we all thought she was crazy, but after a full three hour conversation between Devon, Tara, Hunter and I, we agreed to come along to support her.

Nicks poor parents left the grave side, his mother weeping softly into his fathers chest, just as we arrived.

I can honestly say it would have been one of the most awkward encounters of my life if they hadn't of.

After all, Tara was the one that killed their son.

I think she regrets shooting him now but knowing there's nothing she can do about it and the fact she doesn't own a time machine, she's just plodding on, getting on with her life now that Nick is out of it for good.

The police had instantly got on side of Tara and in her favour, as Nick was a threat to all of us from the minute he crashed his truck into ours, she was never charged with any offences.

I know she's struggling more than she's letting on, but with time, I think she'll realise she did us all a massive favour by ridding the world of Nick Sawyer.

Devon hugs Tara close and she smiles up at him. "Are you ready to leave?" he asks and she nods with one last look at the coffin.

I wheel Hunter away from the grave site and as we're walking back to the car, he huffs out in annoyance. "This stupid, fucking thing will be the death of me."

I roll my eyes at his dramatics. I've heard the same complaint a million times over the past ten days.

Ten days has passed since Nick held the prom hostage and Hunter and Devon got shot. Declyn had been lucky with a small flesh wound that the paramedics treat at the scene. Hunter on the other hand, had to have surgery to remove the bullet from his abdomen and he had to stay in hospital for a week after.

He lost a lot of blood and actually flatlined at one point but thanks to the quick thinking doctors and the help of a defibrillator, his heart was zapped back to life.

"You know, you could just be grateful you're alive." I say with a small chuckle. "You only have to use it for a couple more weeks, until you get your full strength back."

"My full strength is back" He says as he pushes on his arms to stand up as we get back to the car. He winces in pain earning a raised eyebrow from both me and his sister.

"You were saying?" Tara asks making Devon and I laugh. "Just take the help, you stubborn ass." she chastises him.

Devon moves to help him get into the car while I fold his wheelchair and pop it in the trunk.

As I close it, Tara is at my side, she looks like she wants to say something, or maybe she just needs a big Emily hug, either way, I'm here. "You okay?"

She bites her lip nervously. "I guess"

"You guess? Tara, I've known you for over a decade, I know when something is bothering you." I tell her honestly. I know absolutely everything about the girl in front of me. She can try to keep secrets, but I always find out.