Chapter One

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I roll over and smack my alarm, peeking open my eye to note the time. 10:30am, just a few more minutes. Just as I roll over my door bursts open, causing me to sit up suddenly.

“Hey, get up, I'm tired of hearing your alarm.” Tony turns and leaves my room, not even closing the door.

I glare after him. “Closing the door would have been nice.” I grumble as I sleepily pull myself out of bed.

I close my door shut before going into my closet and pull out a random green t-shirt and black jeans. I pull them on and close my closet door, looking into the mirror on the back. I take note the orange cat on the front of my shirt that Tony had given me as a "welcome to the apartment" gift. I roll my eyes, knowing that this will inflate his ego. But it's too late, I'm not changing the shirt now. I step out into the hallway spotting Tony eating a bowl of cereal on the couch. I continue over to the kitchen, grabbing Tony's attention.

“Hey, noticed you're wearing the shirt I gave you.”

I huff, still tired after the rude awakening. “Yeah, it was in my closet when I reached in.” I step into the kitchen feeling the cold tile of the floor. I open one of the various cabinets above the counter and pull out a bag of coffee beans, a mug and the coffee grinder. I measure out some coffee beans and pour them into the coffee grinder, grinding them up.

I am in the zone, not noticing that Tony had come into the kitchen and has cleaned out his bowl. I turn around to get myself a bottle of water, jumping as I spot Tony. I glare at him as he busts out laughing.

“Shut up, dipshit.”

I grab a water bottle from the case on the counter, resuming the coffee making process. I tone out Tony's laughing as he returns to the living room. Once everything is ready; water in the machine, coffee beans prepared and mug ready for action, I start the machine. I peer into the fridge and pull out a bagel and the cream cheese. I pull a bread knife out of one of the drawers and cut the bagel in half, proceeding to slather cream cheese on the inside with a clean butter knife.

Tossing the butter knife into the sink I take a bite, watching as my coffee drips into my mug while the machine whirrs. I continue to eat my bagel, noticing Tony shuffling about in the corner of my eye but actively choosing to ignore him. It isn't until he begins to move closer that I finally look at him.

He holds out my phone. “I heard it ringing in your room so I decided you might want it.”

“Thanks.” I take my phone and check who called me.

Steve. I quickly press the call back button and finish my final bite of bagel just as I put my phone to my ear. The ringing fills my ears as the last drop of black coffee falls into my cup.

“Hello, Loki!” Steve's voice chirps through the phone.

I pull the coffee creamer out of the fridge and sugar out of the cabinet from which I retrieved my mug. “Hey Steve, I noticed you called. Did you need something?” I pull out a teaspoon to measure the creamer and sugar, only adding two teaspoonfuls of each.

“Yeah, since Bucky gets off work soon we were wondering if you wanted to hang out with us today, since you know, you don't work today.” I roll my eyes as I put everything away.

“Yeah, I'd love to tag along.”

“Okay, so we will come pick you up and go to lunch.” He said very happily. “Well, I'll see you then, bye!”

“Bye.” He hangs up, leaving me at peace with my coffee.

That peace doesn't last long though as Tony peers into the kitchen. “Hey, Loki. Who was that?”