Chapter 6

It has been three days since I told Steve and Bucky about being an angel and today Terra is coming up to visit for a week. I wipe my forehead with the back of my hand and look around the living room. The place glitters, having just been cleaned. As I put away the last of the cleaning supplies I hear the doorbell ring. I open the door and I'm instantly greeted by a hug.

"Hey Terra, it's nice to see you too." I hug her back.

She lets go and walks into the living room. "It's just been forever since I've gotten to actually see you."

"Well, you could have come sooner, you just needed to tell me." I close the door and follow her into the living room.

She turns to look at me, smile on her face. "Well, you know, I have a duty to uphold. Gotta take care of Teris and help Heimdall if he ever needs me."

I raise an eyebrow and wave for her to follow me. "I didn't know you were the only angel helping others take refuge on Earth. Last I checked there were others too."

"Shut up." She says playfully. "I know there are more of us, but there aren't a lot of us, and that's the problem. Can't stress out one angel with all the work."

I open the door to my room. "This is my room, you can stay in here while here."

"And where will you sleep?" She says looking back at me.

"I will be sleeping on the couch."

She turns all the way around and drops the backpack she had on her back. "I'm sorry but I can't accept that offer. I'm not going to let you sleep on the couch while I'm sleeping on the bed. I would sleep on the floor if it meant you get to sleep on the bed."

"You are a guest in this house so you will get the bed."

She crosses her arms and puffs out her cheeks. "I'm not sleeping on the bed because you refuse to do so."

"What do you want me to do. Sleep with you in the bed? I'm not letting you sleep anywhere else but the bed." I say exasperated.

Her cheeks turn a light pink. "I-I didn't mean you need to sleep with me. I'm fine with sleeping on the couch, just take the bed."

"No, I'm not sleeping on the bed if your not going to sleep on the bed."

She rolls her eyes. "So if I agree to sleep on the bed you will too."

"Yes."

She throws her hands up in the air and turns around. "Fine, I'll sleep on the bed, only if you do too. Now where can I put my bag?"

"You can put it by my desk." I lean over, trying to look at her face. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah. I'm fine, I'm fine." She places her bag by the desk and turns to me. "So what are plans today?"

I place my hand on my chin. "Well, Tony did ask me to go shopping sometime soon because we are running low on various foods and I need more coffee. So if you want we can go do that and maybe get some snacks you like as well."

"Sure, you can point out anything important I should note while we're out too." She bounces excitedly.

Fenrir steps into the room and Terra lets out an excited squeal. "Oh! You must be Fenrir. Loki has talked about how you're such a good boy." Fenrir leans back and closes his eyes as she rubs her hands along the sides of his head. "Loki, you need to let me walk him at some point while I'm here! He's so pretty."

"Be my guest."

She stands up, letting Fenrir escape to the living room. "You said you need to go shopping so let's go!" She walks out to the living room and I follow behind more slowly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kick the door open, lugging bags of groceries into the house. Terra follows behind as we head into the kitchen, placing everything on the ground.

"Hey Loki, is this your new girlfriend?" I jump as Tony's voice picks up from the living room.

I growl under my breath in his direction. "She's not my girlfriend."

He gets up and comes to stand at the entrance to the kitchen as I begin to put the food away. "Well if she doesn't have anywhere to sleep she can come sleep with me." He says flirtatious.

I whip around quickly and glare at Tony. "No!" I take a deep breath to calm myself down. "Tony we discussed this. She will not sleep with you. She will be sleeping in my room this week."

I return to putting the food away. "I'm sorry Tony, but I must decline your offer. Loki's offered to let me sleep in his bed and I couldn't decline such a generous offer." Terra interjects.

"Okay okay. I'll leave you two alone. If I'm needed I'll be in my room." Tony's footsteps recede to the hallway.

Terra places a hand on my shoulder. "You okay Loki?"

I nod. "Yeah, I'm just not going to let anything bad happen to you."

"And what if I wanted to sleep with him tonight?" She inquires.

A slight pain runs through my chest. "I wouldn't have stopped you because it would be your desire. I can't stop you from doing what you want."

"Well, let me tell you. I don't." She passes me another bag of food.

After we finish putting everything away we go to sit on the couch and discuss the plans for the week. "So I have work at the cafe and I teach Ballet on Thursday and Tuesday nights. Strange did say he would be available at some point to meet you, hopefully if Steve and Bucky decide they would like to help then it will be before you get to meet Strange so he can meet you all at the same time."

"I'm going to assume Strange is his last name. Do you know his first name?" Terra inquires.

I pause, mouth open with a single finger held up. "Honestly, no I don't. He just introduced himself as Doctor Strange and I just went with it."

She giggles. "Typical Loki. Not thinking of the important stuff."

"I do think of the important stuff. I just didn't find his first name as important at the time. His niece even calls him Strange." I say, slightly flustered.

She stops giggling and sits up straight, her emerald green eyes staring into mine. "He has a niece?"

"Yes? Why?"

She claps her hands excitedly. "I want to meet his niece too. What's she like?"

I roll my eyes. "She's in one of the ballet classes I teach and she is a normal human. From what I understand though is that she is very good at defensive magic due to the relics he mentioned. She's a very quick learner, can get very excited too."

"She sounds nice. I want to have kids of my own someday. Imagine having little mini me's running around." She smiles into the distance before snapping her attention back to me. "Do you ever want to have kids?"

I stare at her, confused. "I don't know honestly. I never really thought about it." I pause for a moment, staring down at my hands. "I've never been in love and no one's ever been in love with me so I just didn't even consider having kids as a possibility."

She places her hands on mine. "Well, I'm sure you will find someone who loves you someday."

My heart flutters at the contact. Calm down Loki, what is your problem, she only touched your hands, she is not going to hurt you. I give myself a small peptalk in my head and take a deep breath. I look up into her eyes. "I doubt it, but whatever you say."

She leans back into the couch. "Any other plans this week?"

I shake my head. "No, not unless you want to do something specific. I do know you will end up meeting Hela at some point due to the fact she likes to invite herself in to visit Fenrir."

She rolls her eyes. "Sounds like fun. I look forward to meeting everyone."

"I'm sure it will be."