Chapter 9: Lucky

The Dragneel Family consists of six members, those being Nashi, the eldest daughter, Liddan, the eldest son, Layla, the youngest daughter, Jude, the youngest son, and of course Natsu and Lucy. Unfortunately for Lucy, most of her children inherited Natsu's rambunctious personality. All except Layla who left Magnolia to travel with the Thunder Legion. However, the family's sons, Liddan and Jude, remain in their home.

Liddan opens the door to find a smiling Marigold at his doorstep. She looked the same as usual, she was wearing a pair of denim shorts, a loose T-shirt, her multi-colored necklace she never removed, her pocket dimension purse, and a pair of hiking boots. He sees a basket of fruit gripped in one hand and in the other she slings a wild boar.

"Should I even ask?" He says looking at the poor unfortunate animal who'd been caught by Marigold's garden.

"Darn boar was messing with my rose bushes." She says demonically,"AND NO ONE MESSES WITH MY ROSE BUSHES."

Liddan backs away a bit while Marigold proceeds to enter the home. It was a nice sized home, large with open space as well as a large yard around it. Behind the house there were countless spots of grass that had been burnt or destroyed.

"I like your house!" Marigold said setting the basket and boar on the kitchen counter.

"Thanks, my mom did most of the design, but my dad added a few touches."

Marigold looks around the room and sees random objects hanging on the walls and set on tables. But above the fireplace mantle sat a white square board with the autograph of "Salamander" on it.

"Why is there an autograph over the fireplace? Did they really like the guy who signed it or something." Asks Marigold curiously.

Liddan chuckles, "Oh no, they hated him. My dad beat the crap out of him after he tried to kidnap my mom."

"Then....why would....what?"

"Its from the time they first met. If the fake Salamander had never gone to that town, my mom wouldn't have met my dad nor have joined Fairy Tail."

"Aww...that's such a sweet love story."

"I'm not sure how much 'love' there was in the beginning...but sure."

Liddan and Marigold stand peacefully when all of the sudden a blonde headed little boy tries to kick Liddan in the face. Liddan tumbles onto Marigold who falls to the ground as well.

The two gather themselves and stand up.

"Sorry Marigold." Liddan says, putting his hands on her arms.

"For-WHAT?!?" In mid-sentence, Marigold is picked up by Liddan, lifted above his head, then chucked at the little blonde haired boy.

"What the crap Liddan?!?" the boy barked, "Don't throw a lady at me! That hurts!"

"BOTH OF YOU ARE HORRIBLE PEOPLE!!!" Marigold screamed. She stands up, pulling the boy with him and then smacks Liddan in the back of the head with her elbow.

After forcing the boys to sit down, she begins to lecture them. "Okay, ONE, what were you doing attacking Liddan like that? TWO, why did YOU chuck me at your little brother? And THREE, do any of you want wild boar for dinner? Cuz I need to start cooking it."