Chapter 13: Sylvie

Upon Gray's marriage of Juvia, they decided that it would be wise to buy a home together, a nice one, where they could raise a family. While the majority of their first year married they lived in a small, cramped apartment, they hardly spent much time in the home as they were always working to earn enough money to buy a real home. As Juvia had requested, one with a front and backyard filled with roses and lilies and petunias or anything at all, as long as it was theirs. 

It took eight months, but the couple had accumulated a grand amount of money as well as survived the majority of their first year married in peace. Perhaps the fact that all of their fights were taken out on the enemy helped, but overall they both agreed that the constant requirement of teamwork to, well, survive was rather healthy and helped them adapt to their marriage quite quickly.

They purchased a home at the edge of Magnolia, only a seven-minute walk to the Fairy Tail building and about four minutes from Fairy Hills. The venue was perfect for the family. It was a grand, Victorian house, with dark blue paneling up the walls and bright and wide windows on every side. 

In front was a beautiful lake, lily pads swaying atop the water and plenty of bushes and flowers all around to decorate the beautiful home.

The home was gorgeous, and the couple couldn't have been happier to share such a brilliant home together, and the home made them even more eager to fill it with bright-eyed children to give the world to. 

After some time, Juvia became pregnant with twins, and thus, Sylvie and Gideon were born. 

They had already picked out a nursery before the twins were born, in fact, they'd already pulled out two identical rooms for each of their children to use when they were older, knowing that they'd surely fight and bicker if one had a larger room.

For a while, things were good. In fact, things were great.

Their lovely villa was the go-to spot for all their kids when they came to play. The moms would sit in the garden by the lake and talk while sipping from fancy china Juvia had found at a pawnshop. The men would enjoy the open space of Gray's yard to settle fights or, and they'll never admit it, just talk about how much they love their kids.

Things were great, but as time took its toll, things got harder.

»»————- ✼ ————-««

Gray arrived home from the Love and Lucky late into the night. He had bid his team goodbye, and walked towards his home from the train station with his hands in his pockets. Looking up into the night sky, he could see it was littered with stars, all blinking and twinkling like it was nobody's business. There wasn't a cloud and the sky, it really was a beautiful night.

His journey through the quiet and nearly empty streets was brisk and uneventful, which was preferable after the long eventful day he'd had. When he arrived at his home, he took a breath and stepped into the rain.

It was a bizarre sight to see, really. The rain had a brisk and far from subtle way of circling the house. People would often come around to snap pictures, until Gray or Juvia came out to shoo (by that I mean terrify the living crap of) them away. 

The peaceful lake was now almost always overflowing, and the beautiful garden was over watered and flooded, leaving most of the flowers inside dead. 

No one came over to play in the yard, and chat over tea and cookies, or talk about how much they loved their kids. It looked deserted, the only sign of life peeking through the curtains that always seemed to stay closed.