Chapter 23: When Gideon Goes Home

Gideon sat in bed alonesimply thinkingThe sun was yet to riseand his family was still asleepHe reachs his hands to the ceilingand grabs the nothingness before himWhen did he first feel so hateful towards it all?

18 years ago

"Aww...they look so cute!"

Lucy looked into the crib of the two new borns. Sylvie and Gideon lay inside rolling around.

Gray presses his head against Natsu's. "Ha!! Take that Flame Brain!! I'm way better at getting my wife pregnant! I'm so good, we had TWINS!!"

"OH YEAH?!?! Will look at Lucy! Already pregnant with number two in less than a year! And look  fast she's gotten!!" Natsu shouted back.

Lucy rolled her eyes and chuckled, "Why are our husbands so competitive, an I right Juvia?"

Lucy turns to see Juvia admiring Gray passionately.

"On my darling Gray, I'll have as many babies as you want..." Juvia mumbled.

"Juvia, your nose is bleeding." Lucy groaned.

She looks down at baby Nashi who is gnawing on her leg. She pulls her up and shows her Gideon and Sylvie.

"Look at that Nashi, these are your new friends." Lucy grinned as Nashi waved her arms around and laughed when she saw Gideon and Sylvie.

Gideon smiled too.

5 years later

"This is horrible..."

"Juvia don't say that!"

Gideon and Sylvie peek through the door as they watch their parents bicker.

Juvia covers her eyes and weeps. "Sylvie is just too powerful, she makes it rain everywhere she goes. Though our friends understand her condition, the rest of the guild members are losing tolerance. She's going to be bullied, and I don't want that for her."

"I'm not gonna let anyone treat her like that, period." Gray shouted.

Juvia went silent for a moment, she opened her lips and said, "Things are out of your control sometimes, darling. That's just how it is."

Juvia stood up and stepped into the bedroom, Gray followed.

Gideon looked down at Sylvie, with tears in her eyes. He takes her hand and the two jump into Gideon's bed.

"Whenever you're scared," Gideon promised, "you can come into my bed."

Sylvie gave a shy grin she snuggled up next to her brother. He smiled too.

2 years later

"Gideon, what do you wanna play?"

Liddan crawled all over the tree as Gideon followed.

"I dunno." Gideon said, pulling his body up the branch.

"Hey, why doesn't your sister ever play with us?" Liddan asked, Gideon froze. "Isn't she, like, crazy powerful and makes it rain wherever she goes?"

"Uh, yeah." Gideon scratched his arm and leaned against the trunk of the tree.

"That's cool, can she do ice stuff like you?"