Chapter 21: Failure and Fairy Tail

Nashi and Sylvie stand in the center of a small arena. Surrounded by countless Fairy Tail members.

"So...what? Do we, like, fight to the death with medieval weaponry?" Nashi asks, honestly and justly expecting that.

Laxus gives an evil grin. "Bring them in."

Four gates open, Mirajane, Lucy, Evergreen, and Erza step in slowly.

Laxus smirks. "You all...are to survive the attacks from these four middle-aged women."

Laxus receives four well deserved glares as well as a shoe chucked at him. "What? They ain't in their twenties!! They aren't exactly spiffy beach babes!!"

"Don't worry about it, sweety!" Mira hummed with a smile. "As long as you don't mind sleeping outside for the next month, you can keep talking about our age ALL you want!!"

Laxus shuts up, takes a gulp and mutters, "The goal is to not only survive in the arena for ten minutes, but to also be the first top escape the arena before time out. If neither of you can make it out in time, then you're both screwed! Ready, set, GO!"

All at once, Lucy, Erza, Mirajane, and Evergreen all attack.

Giving a small gulp, Nashi and Sylvie say, "Oh crap."

Marigold begins to break a sweat as Levy flips through her book. She did not want a repeat of what happened last time. Apparently, for every question you miss, you receive a penalty. This penalty, however, includes a flaming arrow being shot towards your head. Trust me, the game wasn't always like this. It was changed a few years ago to increase ratings, also casualties.

"How many coconuts can a swallow carry from tropical climate zone to a temperate climate zone?" Levy asked the solidified Marigold.

"Um..." She stands and thinks of her brother's wisdom he once shared with her. "Which type of swallow, African or European?"

Levy stands puzzled, "Well...um...I don't know." Suddenly a flaming arrow shoots at Levy's head. She shrieks and ducks just in time. "Uh...one point Marigold..."

The crowd shrugs and cheers anyway. Tevi growls a bit which makes Marigold flinch.

After several rounds of the twisted game of trivia, more arrows being shot with each round, Marigold and Tevi wait for the final question.

"Okay, for both parties, the question is: According to bedtime story 'The Tale of the Syramin', how does Earthland have unlimited magic power?"

The Tale of the Syramin is a simple bedtime story told to the children of Earthland. A story of an angel watching over a little girl long before magic existed. In the story, a little girl was bullied by all those around her. An angel from heaven pitied her but never allowed herself to interfere with humans. One day, the bullies went too far and accidentally killed the little girl. Angry at man for doing nothing and at herself for never helping , the angel gave the girl the ability to never die. After girl came to life, she was still weak and bullied. So the angel cut off her wings and have them to the girl so she could fly away from her enemies.

When the wings failed, the angel gave the little girl all her strength to fight the bullies.

When strength failed, the angel gave the little girl the flame of her sword to end the bullies.

And that she did.

Before long, the little girl was covered up by monster who slayed anyone or anything in sight. She was then named the Syramin, and the name haunted all those who heard it. The angel was crushed as she saw the disaster she caused. But the little girl spoke to the angel, "Do not cry."