3

Jabez's POV

"So, is she always that difficult?" I asked, looking over at Tommy from the passenger seat. He looked over briefly and scrunched his eyebrows, "Why you so curious?"

"She's...intriguing," I said laughing and looking back out onto the open road.

"And bad as hell right?" Tommy said smirking at me.

"Riiiiight!" I said holding my hand to dap him up.

"WRONG! We are not doing that," Tommy said shaking his head and pulling into the In-N-Out parking lot.

"Doing what?' I asked in between laughs.

"Rose. You're not doing Rose," Tommy glared at me before continuing, "Toying with my girlfriend's best friend's emotions is not the move," he responded.

"Who said anything about toying with Rose?" I said innocently.

"Jay, I love you, but you have some real fuck boy tendencies and Rose is not the one." Tommy said as he shifted the gear into park.

"Wow, I feel personally attacked," I said placing my hand on my heart.

"Good, because I am attacking you personally! Screw around with whoever you want, but it better not be Rose." Tommy said in an oddly stern tone of voice.

"Okayyyy, chill. I'm only asking because I'm going to be dealing with her and her difficult-ness for the rest of the year." I said, attempting to defend my character.

"Fine. Rose is—how do I say this nicely?" he paused for a moment then finished his sentence, "an acquired taste."

"Meaning?"

"Well for starters, she literally hates everybody. It took her 9 months to warm up to me after I got with lovey—I mean Tiffany," Tommy stated moving on quickly, in attempts to stop me from making fun of their pet names for each other. "Not only that, Rose is unbelievably strong willed—actually, obstinate might be a better word for her--"

"So she is always this difficult," I said cutting him off, simply trying to get the answer to the question I'd originally asked him.

"Yeah, but to be honest she's usually right so you can't even be mad about it." Tommy said shrugging, "Plus she makes up for it by being funny as fu--"

"She's not hard on the eyes either," I mumbled to myself, unbuckling my seatbelt and hopping out of the car.

"Let me reiterate, since obviously it didn't stick the first time--YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TOY WITH ROSE'S EMOTIONS," Tommy said, clapping for emphasis after every couple of words, "She's kind of like a little sister to me, so I'm obligated to rip your balls off if you screw with her."

"Okay! I get it! I won't toy with her feelings, don't get your panties in a twist," I said jokingly, opening the door to In-N-Out and scanning the booths for Don, Dre, and Tiff.

"Over here!" I heard Tiffany yell from the other side of the diner. I looked in her direction and saw her, Don, and Dre sitting at our usual booth. I nudged Tommy and he followed me as I walked over to the group.

I dapped Dre and Don up and gave Tiffany a hug. Tommy saw an extra milkshake on the table next to Tiffany and raised it to his lips to take a sip. "Wait— lovey that's not yours it's Rose's."

He paused, with the straw just barely touching his lips, "Rose? She never comes to these." I tried my hardest not to be conceited, but I did find it pretty ironic that the ONLY time she shows up to our Friday Dinners is after she finds out I am friends with Tommy.