7

Rose's POV

As I watched Chris laugh and chat in the middle of the hallway I realized I had three viable options here.

Option 1: tongue Jay down in the middle of the hallway and deal with the repercussions later.

Option 2: walk up to Chris and greet him like a normal human being.

Option 3: run like hell.

As I weighed the pros and the cons of each option in my head I felt Jay's warm breath on my ear as he informed me, "He's heading over to us spritz, what do you want me to do."

I looked in Chris' direction and made direct eye contact with him, meaning that unless I wanted to look like a fucking bitch baby, option three was completely out of the question. So now I'm left with only options one and two.

To tongue or not to tongue...that is the question.

I looked over at Chris once more and realized he was now only a few feet away, I could tell he was about to open his mouth to speak and instantaneously went into fight or flight mode.

Common sense completely went out the window. I grabbed the hood of Jay's sweatshirt and tongued that fucker down like my life depended on it. I could tell Jay was beyond shocked, but after a moment he quickly played along. In fact, he was playing along a little too well if you ask me. He released my hand and placed his gently on the back of my waist, pulling my body closer to his. I took my hands and placed them around his neck while simultaneously running my hands through his curls. I pulled away from the kiss and began to suck on the crook of his neck before completely pulling away.

"Fuck."Jay mumbled to himself, stunned.

I'm not going to lie, I was kind of proud of myself. I'm not usually one to toot my own horn, but toot toot motherfucker.

"I swear I never see you two without your tongues down each others throats" Chris said from behind me jokingly. "Do you all ever speak?"

I ignored his small talk and simply got straight to the point, "Why are you here?"

"Nice to see you too, Rosie." he said in a very passive aggressive tone.

"You don't live in this district, so why are you here?" I asked again, much harsher this time.

Chris sighed and scratched the back of his neck, "I live with my Dad now. Therefore, this is now my district."

A million and five questions popped into my head concerning the matter. Why was he moving in with his dad? He hates his dad. Is his mom okay? Is it just him that moved or did his little sisters move too? Is he okay?

Of course I didn't ask him any of those things because fact of the matter is, Chris is no longer my boyfriend. So as much as I wanted to be there for him I couldn't. It wasn't my job anymore.

"So this is like...permanent?" I added.

"For now, yeah." Chris said in a much more serious tone.

The two of us nodded in silence before Jay added awkwardly, "Sorry to cut this reunion short, but we have to head out babe."

Yes. Saved.

"Alrighty," I said nodded and starting to walk away.

"Guess I'll be seeing a lot more of you two around then?" Chris asked before moving.

"Yeah, I guess so." I responded before completely turning away.

Once we were out of Chris' hearing range Jay exclaimed, "Well shit! You wanna warn me next time before tonguing me down in the middle of the hallway?"

"Oh please, like you warned me?" I quickly argued.

"Touché," he said glaring jokingly, walking towards the parking lot where his car was parked. We walked past the administration office and into the parking lot. Jay pulled his car keys out of his back pocket and double clicked the unlock button. "Get in loser we're going to In-N-Out." Jay said in a valley girl accent.

I paused and looked his direction, "Did you really just reference mean girls?"

"Shut up and get in the car," he said with a chuckle hoping into the drivers seat.

***

Jay's POV

After a couple hours of panic, fear, and ranting Rose returned to herr natural state. She sat in front of me cheerfully sipping her strawberry milkshake and scarfing down her animal fries.

"So what are we gonna do?" I asked abruptly.

"Well obviously we can't keep fake dating—"

"Why not?" I asked her with a slight smirk on my face.

"Wow, you have completely lost all of your shit if you thought I was going to be even remotely down for that." She scoffed before taking another large gulp of her milkshake.

"It can be like a game." I proposed.

"A game?" she said, sounding slightly intrigued.

"Yes, a game. You're always talking about how you would never in a million years fall in love with someone like me—"

"Which is a statement I stand by percent wholeheartedly," she stated bluntly.

"Good. Prove me wrong. Rules of the game: we fake date till homecoming. If you don't fall in love with me by then—and trust me you will—I lose and we stage a fake breakup. If you do fall in love with me, we see where it goes from there." I said placing my elbows on the table and leaning over so the two of us were only inches away from each others faces.

"Absolutely not. Jay, you say a lot of dumb shit but this has to be the dumbest by far," Rose said rolling her eyes and pulling out her phone.

I gently took her phone out of her hands and teased, "What? You afraid you might actually end up catching feelings for me?"

She leaned closer to me and said, "No, I'm just afraid that at the end of this little game. I will go back to living my simple little life as you cry in your room—heartbroken. I have that kind of effect on people, you know?"

I chuckled and placed my hand on her chin, "Don't worry about me baby girl. I am a tough cookie to crack."

Rose remained quiet for a moment. She leaned back and took a deep breath before saying, "Fine. Game on Villalobos."

I held out my hand and smirked, "Prepare to lose."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been getting message after message from you sexy mothertruckers and wanted to apologize for the unbelievably long delay. Life has been a complete wreck for your girl, but I'm back at it again and ready to write like my life depends on it haha!

Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter :)

You know the deal. Vote, Comment, and Shareeeee 💜