5

Rose's POV

"Woah."

"You've said that three times already, can I come in?" I asked, impatiently waiting at Tiffany's doorstep as she carefully examined my outfit. "Just...Woah." She said again.

"Fuck it, I'm coming in," I threw my hands up and pushed past her. She hesitantly shut the door behind her and continued to examine my outfit from head to toe.

"You're wearing one of your nice hoodies," Tiff said with a slight smirk on her face.

"Shut up," I said, trying my best to brush it off as if it was nothing, mostly because in my head, it was.

"You know, I still can't believe you're actually in my living room, looking somewhat decent, about to attend a social gathering." Tiffany stated in disbelief.

"It's not even a big deal." It wasn't.

Tiffany scoffed, "I have been trying to get you to come to a 'Jabez Kickback' for the past four years."

"It's not like I made a conscious decision to go to this party—I was basically blackmailed into it," I said mentally comparing my outfit to what Tiffany was wearing.

"Yeah okay, whatever you say." Tiffany said shaking her head as she examined my outfit one more time, "You sure you don't wanna borrow a dress? Maybe use a little mascara?"

"I'm not borrowing shit," I stated, walking past her and up the stairs to her bedroom.

"Come on!" Tiffany yelled, following me up the stairs, "You never come to these and you probably won't come to another one ever again!" Tiffany yelled, following me up the stairs.

"So?" I plopped onto her princess-like queen sized bed and admired the photo collage she had of all of her friends on her ceiling.

"So?" Tiff said, almost sounding offended that I'd even asked, "These parties are major. There are thousands of potential prom dates there for you and if they see you dressed like a struggling, goth, graffiti artist--"

"Struggling, goth, graffiti artist?" I said gesturing towards my outfit and laughing at Tiffany's interesting choice of words. I walked over to her full length, lit up mirror, and examined my outfit. My favorite black Beyoncé hoodie draped nicely over my shoulders and was nicely paired with my jet black combat boots, "Slightly Emo Beyoncé fan? Maybe. Struggling, goth, graffiti artist? Unlikely."

"Look, all I'm saying is, you are going to be at one of the hottest parties of the year, surrounded by the hottest guys at in our area. Please, don't make me embarrassed to be your friend," Tiffany said pulling a skin tight body suit and a pair of black jeans out of her closet. "You can keep the boots. Lose the sweats and the hoodie."

"But, it's Beyonce--"

"It's a hoodie." Tiffany said sternly.

"Fine, but only because I know you would've held me captive until I changed anyways." I stated before grabbing the body suit and jeans from her hands and heading into the bathroom.

***

The car ride was to the party was silent...uncomfortably silent. Every couple seconds Tommy would glance at me in the rearview mirror and mumble some statements of disbelief to himself, while Tiffany spent the entire ride looking at herself in the overhead mirror, fixing up her eyeliner (which turned out surprisingly well for having done it in a speeding car).

We'd finally arrived at Jay's house, and I caught Tommy staring at me again as we waited at Jay's doorstep so I finally decided to address his unnecessary gawking.