6

Jabez's POV

"You kissed her?!" Tommy shouted loud enough for my entire street to hear. I hastily rolled the windows of my car up and chuckled, "Are we picking Tiff up?" I asked, trying my best to ignore his question.

"Yes—you kissed Rose?!" Tommy asked again, this time turning the radio all the down so I had no other means of ignoring him.

"Yeah, we kissed, but it literally meant nothing. She was trying to make some ex of hers jealous." I said, attempting to sound as nonchalant as possible.

"So she kissed you?" Tommy said sighing and looking towards the road.

"No, I kissed her." I said laughing.

Instantly I felt a heavy handed slap come across the back of my head. "Ow! What the fuck?! I'm driving!"

"What did I fucking tell you about trying to get Rose?"

"Bro what?"

Another slap met the surface of my head and shrieked again, "Ow! Are you lifting weights or some shit? Where is this upper body strength coming from?"

"Did I, or did I not tell you that Rose is like my little sister and she's off limits?" Tommy said ignoring my comments.

"Tom, chill out, I wasn't trying to get with Rose, she is literally the one that suggested we were dating when her ex came up."

"Jay, I know you, and I know how you get when things seem unattainable. I'm taking this time to remind you that Rose is not one of those things." He said before pointing to a house on the left, "Right here."

I stopped the car, Tommy hopped out, and headed to her front door. I always loved watching him wait for Tiff at her front doorstep. I'm not usually this corny, but seeing those two in love makes my heart swoon.

Damn, I miss feeling like that.

I looked back at my phone and felt a heavy handed pounding on the passenger door. "Hey ugly, open the fucking door." I heard in an oddly familiar voice. I looked up and saw none other than Rose standing outside my passenger window.

I laughed and unlocked the door and she threw her bag on the floor before hopping in. I looked down and realized she was still wearing my hoodie, "I was gonna go home and wash it, but my mom told me to just stay at Tiff's for the night. Plus, this hoodie feels like I'm wearing a literal cloud."

"It's fine, it looks good on you." I said without thinking.

She paused and looked my direction, then proceeded to shake her head. "Nah, we are not doing this." She grabbed the bottom of the hoodie and pulled it over her head, folded it, and placed it nicely on top of her backpack.

"Doing what?" I asked trying my hardest not to smile.

"This 'you flirting with me' thing. Last night didn't change anything between us Jay, I still find you unbelievably annoying and conceited." She said placing her headphones in her ears and looking towards the road.

"I'm not flirting with you, I'm simply stating facts. My hoodie looks good on you. Fact." I said shrugging before plucking her ear phone out of her ear, simply to bug her.

She exhaled sharply and glared in my direction. Before she could continue to speak I spoke again, "But, I will stop the innocent flirting since it's too much for your pretty little heart to handle." I said with a slight smirk on my face.

"Too much for my heart to handle?" She said scoffing.

"Yep, that's what I said."

I heard the unclicking of her seat belt and felt her lean over so close to my body that I could feel her breath on my ear. She placed her hand on my thigh and whispered, "Trust me baby, I'm too much for you to handle."

I'm not going to lie to you, I was stunned.

"Speechless?" She said shifting back to her side of the car and laughing.

"You're going to love me one day," I said without thinking. I didn't have anything to back that statement up, it was just something I felt in my gut. She paused for a moment before looking over at me, smiled saying, "In your dreams Romeo."

Tommy opens the passenger door and glares at me before grabbing Liv's bag and telling her to sit in the back with Tiffany.

"Sorry Tom, I assumed you'd want to sit with Tiff." She said grabbing my hoodie from the front seat and taking it to the back seat. I smirked and looked at the hoodie she had in her hand. She noticed and glanced down at it herself. "If my mom knew I borrowed a hoodie and didn't wash it, she'd murder me."

"Mhm." I said still smirking to myself. Tommy sat next to me and shook his head, "What?!"

"Drive." He said as soon as Tiff hopped in the car. Tiff paused for a moment before hopping in the back of the car with Rose.

***

Rose spent the entire class period emphasizing the fact the she was in no way attracted to me and borderline hated my existence. I smiled and laughed, and at the end of class just to bother her, I picked up her books and insisted on carrying them to her locker.

"You're an idiot." She said before walking and pausing at the Anatomy doorway. I looked at her and smiled nervously at the people behind us, "Spritz? People are waiting behind us, are you okay?"

"He's here." She said in a small faint voice.

"Who's here?" I asked in the midst of classmates cussing us out for causing door traffic, and possibly making them late for their next classes.

"Chris—he's standing in the middle of the hallway." She said as I gently pushed her out the door and to the side, to leave space for people to pass by.

"Doesn't he go to Woodrove?" I asked looking through the crowd to see him for myself.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." She said still stunned, watching him dap up a group of guys around him, "shit."

"What?" I asked before I felt her grab my hand and pull me closer to her.

"We told him we were dating, remember?" She said sighing and gripping my hand just a bit tighter, I could feel her heartbeat increasing through her finger tips. Honestly, I'd never seen somebody make her shut down like this before.

"Don't trip, I'm sure it's nothing." I said casually.

"I hope you're right."

______________________________________________________

Yikesssss, what do you think Chris is doing there? How are Jay and Rose gonna pull this one off?

Vote, Comment, and Share Mamasita 💜