Chapter 6- The "Lloyd"ve of My Life

Tired from her trek, Heather rushed into her cozy X-Men pjs and jumped into bed the moment she came home from the park with Dabney. Clouds had begun to cover the sky-- oh, as baby blue as the amazing Dabney's eyes!-- on her walk home, and, with Heather tucked into her sheets, rain began to fall. The faint drumming of the droplets on the happy girl's windowsill put her right to sleep....

She awoke to a thunderous jolt of electric blue lightning hitting a tree across the street an hour later-- SHABANG! --she rubbed her eyes furiously as she reoriented. Her desk lamp across the room was turned on... strange to her, because she remembers she did not leave it lit. Drowsily, she stumbled out of her sheets to flick the light off. She blindly put her hand under the lampshade in search of the pin switch, but accidentally touched the burning bulb instead!

"Youch!" she squealed loud enough for the whole house to hear. Dang the early 2000s and the poor manufacturing of tacky lamps.

Another clap of thunder shook the house as she put her finger in her mouth, hoping to stop the skin from blistering.

She thought she heard more thunder rumbling as she seated herself on the foot of her bed. But, she realized it was so continuing... and getting gradually louder and closer....

Her bedroom door busted open! 

The room was dark now, and the stormy world made for the production of no light coming in from the window. The hallway light was on though, illuminating the outline of a dark figure standing in the doorway. The aroma in the room smelt suddenly of sticky unheated baked beans. Heather trembled in fear.

But the tall figure came closer to the bed and knelt beside Heather, and their hand pulled to take Heather's finger out of her mouth. With their other hand, they wrapped a Muppets band-aid on the red wound. Heather's poor eyes still could not make out who this was. But a long gleam of lightning lit up her world, and she saw the boy, she recognized, saving her.

She was surprised by who this was, but that did not matter. He heard her cry out and came to her rescue! She ran her unhurt hand through the ambitiously-scented boy's moppy hair. A thankful tear rolled down her cheek.

But the boy took the sleeve of his dark blue sweater to wipe this tear away.

"Don't cry, Heather. Lloyd is here to z̵̢̡̛̛͎̪̱̗̥̯͗͑̓͋̂̇̕͜͜e̷̞̱͉̣̗͕͔͊͜ḛ̴̢̛̬̞̫̙͇̎̄̓͠e̷̯̹̮̬͒̋̋̈̓́ͅe̶̳̰̦̮͙̯̪̽̆͂b̷͉̞̫̦̠̣̲͕́̅͊̑̋̾͜͠͝ơ̵̛̱̫̱̻̋̀͜͝b̸̧̛̰̂̽͋͊̃͋̀̀̔ḯ̶͍͍͍͐̑̈́͒͂͘z̶̡̺̻͎͙̮̱̬͔̤̉͗́̀̕è̵̘̱̩̳͙̖̜͑̈́͐͘͜b̴͓͊e̸͔͓̺͋́́̋b̸̫͈͇̤̭̾̽͆̀̾̀̏͝͝ͅo̸̳̗̦̔̕͜͠b̸̗͇͕͗̾̈̇ [REDACTED}", the lovely prince purred.

He patted her knobby knees once, then two more times for good luck and got up and left, closing the door behind him.

"Thank you," she then whispered, bawling, and then laid back down to sleep.